PHP to PDF using fPDF

Hi ,
i want a php (whose contents are in mysql db) and are accessed as $row[‘title’], $row[‘content’] etc; to be converted into pdf. I am using fpdf for doing so. In it’s tutorial they have given the following code for header, footer and content generation.

<?php
//$lastPage = ceil($numRows/$perPage);
// Database Connection
include("$_SERVER[DOCUMENT_ROOT]/includes/connect.inc.php");
include("$_SERVER[DOCUMENT_ROOT]/includes/stripgpcslash.inc.php");
//pdf

include('../fpdf.php');

// If current page number, use it
// if not, set one!

if(!isset($_GET['page']))
  {
    $page = 1;
  }
else
  {
	if(ctype_digit($_GET['page']))
	  {
     $page=trim(mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['page']));
	  }
	else
	  {
	echo "invalid query";
		exit;
        }
   }

// Define the number of results per page
$max_results = 1;

// Figure out the limit for the query based
// on the current page number.
$from = (($page * $max_results) - $max_results);

// Perform MySQL query on only the current page number's results

$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM wow WHERE `trusted` = 0 ORDER BY `id` ASC LIMIT $from, $max_results");

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($sql)){
class PDF extends FPDF
{
//Page header
function Header()
{
	//Logo
	$this->Image('logo_pb.jpg',10,8,33);
	//Arial bold 15
	$this->SetFont('Arial','B',15);
	//Move to the right
	$this->Cell(80);
	//Title
	$this->Cell(30,10,$row['title'],1,0,'C');
	//Line break
	$this->Ln(20);
}

//Page footer
function Footer()
{
	//Position at 1.5 cm from bottom
	$this->SetY(-15);
	//Arial italic 8
	$this->SetFont('Arial','I',8);
	//Page number
	$this->Cell(0,10,'Page '.$this->PageNo().'/{nb}',0,0,'C');
}
}

//Instanciation of inherited class
$pdf=new PDF();
$pdf->AliasNbPages();
$pdf->AddPage();
$pdf->SetFont('Times','',12);
$pdf->Cell(0,10,$row['content'],0,1);
$pdf->Output();

//pdf

}

mysql_close($con);
?>

Instead of title i want to print the $row[‘title’] . hen i use the above code it says

Notice: Undefined variable: row in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\fpdf\ utorial\pages.php on line 55

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\fpdf\ utorial\pages.php:55) in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\fpdf\fpdf.php on line 1022
FPDF error: Some data has already been output to browser, can’t send PDF file. How do i print the $row[‘title’] instead of static ‘title’?

Instead of putting the class definition in a loop… you should place it outside and then create instances of the class from within the loop. Example:

class PDF extends FPDF
{
// bla
}

while ($row = ...)
{
$pdf = new PDF();
$pdf->createHeader($row);
}

and so on.

The reason for the first error message is likely because you’re query is failing or is bringing back no results. Thoughout the entire process of connecting to and using a database, or any other external program, you can encounter errors or other conditions that you need to compensate for.

One of those is that a query fails due to an syntax error or a table, field or database name in the query that doesn’t exist. Another is when you get no results from a query.

The second error is due to the first, as PHP is outputting error text before the headers appropriate for sending the PDF have been sent.

Class definitions and function definitions should be done in a separate file, or at least at the top of the script, and as mentioned not in a loop.