PHP upload image and place image in li

Hi guys,

I have a website I put together for a photographer and I create a little jQuery gallery on the site that works quite simply when you add a new image it automatically creates a thumbnail image to go with it.

Only problem is the client contacts me all the time wanting images added. I know I should have just used Wordpress when I first built the site.

Anyway what I’m after is if someone could point me in the direction of a PHP tutorial that will show me how to create a image uploaded that when you upload the image it will automatically add that new image to a new li within the gallery and so on for as many images as the client wants to add.

I’m sure this must probably be quite simple I just can’t find the right tutorial for what I want.

Uploading images - is it that simple as the images will probably need resizing as you can not assume your cliant will do it before uploading! Will they be uploading multiple images.

I assume your jQuery gallery uses a list of hardcoded images. You can use glob() to populate the list.

Thanks for advice :slight_smile:

If you search this forum for thumbnail you should find some examples - as I say I would add image resizing as the cliant is bound to try uploading images that will break your layout.

I would have a go and if you have problems post your code here.

glob() is good but can be tricky and you can format its output as a list. This means the list is automaticaly populated when the page is opened; just replace your list with the glob() php code.