PHP5 GUI Reuse

I am so clearly off base that no-one seems to understand my question – and I can’t come up with keyword searches that come close to my issue.

I am using PHP5 classes and what I understand as OOP methodolgy to write a simple CRUD application.

My visitor arrives at the index.php where I want to send a screen with the message “Please enter your name and password and select a day or list”. The screen contains xhtml input fields for name and password, checkboxes for each day of the week and a group of radio buttons for available lists. The form action sends the user to /menu/post.php

/menu/post.php instantiates a new menu_postgui Class that inherits from (extends) abstract_postgui. Among its tasks is to validate the data entered.

If the data is NOT valid, I want to send back the original screen filled in with what the visitor entered and the message(s) indicating what errors I found (without duplicating the xhtml code).

If the user data passes the menu_postgui Class validation, I want to instantiate the proper class for the selected option (which I do through a switch-case element) which will send its own xhtml form. (which will have the similar requirements for error-reporting).

As of yet, I have not been able to send an xhtml to the screen by imbedding <?php ?> if I try to put it in a CLASS. Nor have I found a way (except through $_SESSION) to pass msgs and such to a pure php (i.e. not a class) script.

Does anyone have a simple example of how to logistically handle user interface with oop validations (without duplicating the XHTML code)?

It can’t be as hard as I’m making it.

Regards.

grNadpa

For what it’s worth …
I’ve gone back to my original approach of substituting (with braces) in heredoc enclosed xhtml.
grNadpa

One last tidbit – might be worth a sticky –

I could not code the ‘<link’ address to consistently pull in the stylesheet (depending on which parent instantiated the code-generating class). Using an algorithm with $_SESSION didn’t work. Neither did DIR.

What did work, at least in my test, was to code the href as a literal beginning with “http://localhost/…”

grNadpa

Nope. “localhost” doesn’t work when I move it over to my host site.