Phpinfo() and php.ini are not adding up

Hello all,

I came across something that’s got me stuck: According to phpinfo(), my loaded phpp config file is in c:\Program Files\PHP\php.ini which is cool. Also in phpinfo() it says that my file_uploads are off. I wanted to turn them on so i went to the php.ini located in c:\Program Files\PHP\php.ini and fif a Ctrl+F for “file_uploads.” The weird thing is that the php.ini shows that uploads are turned on.

I did a search for any other php.ini files on the machine but can’t find any more.

Any ideas of how this could be happening?

PS - file uploads are not currently working.

Depending on the directive, PHP settings can be changed by the php.ini file, a php_flag setting in an httpd.conf or .htaccess file, or by the function [fphp]ini_set[/fphp]. Certain directives can be changed by functions specific to them, such as [fphp]error_reporting[/fphp]

Now that I think about it, I don’t know offhand if phpinfo reports the settings as they are when it is called, or as they are because of all files and previous calls. I think it’s the latter, but I’m not sure.

Part of the reason for that is I use [fphp]ini_get[/fphp] to check configuration settings specifically in code.

EDIT: File upload related settings must be set by an ini file or by the webserver via php_flag. They can’t be changed at runtime.