Phpmyadmin not accepting username and password in mac lion

please i just installed lion and i tried to log on into phpmyadmin with a username and password i am sure of, and i get
#2002 Cannot log in to the MySQL server”, i resintalled again but same issue, please any help would be grateful

Is it also a new installation of phpmyadmin? If yes, check that you have phpmyadmin configued properly for authentication. You can set phpmyadmin to use different ways to log in to your mysql server, maybe something got changed in that area.

I don’t know if this is what’s happening to you, but I changed “localhost” to “127.0.0.1” and it worked for me. There was a bug a while back where localhost wasn’t routing properly.

If you’re logging in with code change:
$db = mysql_connect(“localhost:8888”, “user”, “pass”);
to
$db = mysql_connect(“127.0.0.1:8888”, “user”, “pass”);

If you’re logging in through the browser, you’ll have to go into the config file and change the defaults in there. For the life of me I can’t remember what the file was. I use MAMP Lite, so basically all this is done automatically for me…If that doesn’t work maybe we can figure something else. It could actually be a number of things :frowning:

its a new intallation of phpmyadmin, @omgcarlos, i am login in with the phpmyadmin interface not the code

I found this article:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10139422/mysql-and-phpmyadmin-config-inc-php-password-issue-on-mamp

Might worth to check it out.

I don’t own a Mac so I would not know much about the topic.