Pink For October: The Contest! (3x1)

Pink For October: The Contest! (3x1)

October is the month of breast cancer awareness and we are very happy to promote this awareness all around the world. This year we want to make it fun and more active than ever … and we want all the community to participate too. So we have created Pink For October: The Contest! (3x1)

What does 3x1 mean?

It means that it is not only a contest but 3 contests in 1: Logo, content and front-end. That’s it. You can win up to 3 prizes! :slight_smile:

I’ll give you the full set of rules below, but be aware of the dates to submit your entries … submit them in the right time frame, or else they will not be considered at all. :wink:
[B]
[COLOR=#ff00cc][SIZE=4]The contest is closed. Thanks to all participants! :slight_smile:

[/SIZE][/COLOR]You can use the world clock to work out what time that will be for you.

E-mail your entries to sitepointcompetitions@gmail.com.
Please include the word “Front end” in the subject of your e-mail.

Rules for Pink for October[/B]
Contestants may enter in one, two or three categories. Each area will be judged independently and will have its own winner.

Logo:

1.- min width/height: 50px
2.- It will be a screen-only logo, hence no limits on the number of colors the can be used
3.- Formats accepted: jpg, gif, png, bmp, eps.
4.- Name of Company: “Pink for October”
5.- You may include a tagline if you wish. An example could be: “International month for breast cancer awareness”.

Content
1.- 200 to 250 words of content in two to three paragraphs.
2.- Text should promote or publicize breast cancer awareness
3.- It should be your own original work.

Front-End and Coding

In this phase, you should create the home page of a fictional site for our company, “Pink for October”.

1.-You can use any version of (x)HTML/XML and CSS. Although not mandatory, the following will be a plus:

• Valid code
  • Accessibility
  • Neat code
  • Semantic code

2.-You can use Javascript (including libraries such as JQuery)

3.-It has to be usable even if Javascript is turned off.

4.- You may (if you want) use the logos and/or text presented in previous areas of the contest.

5.-You can use as many graphics as you wish, but the page in total can’t weigh more than 700Kb (images, javascript, javascript libraries and any external files included).

6.-It has to have a menu, even if the links lead nowhere. An example could be links to “What’s PFO”, “How you can help”, “Facts about breast cancer”.

7.- No back end coding (php, asp, java, etc.)

8.- Just 1 HTML file. If you want to show/hide different pieces at a time that’s fine, but everything should be in one file with the exception of graphics and/or libraries and/or external files. Zip everything and send us the zip please!

9.- It should work in all latest versions of Safari, Opera, FireFox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Timing:

The contest will start Sept. 21st and end Oct 9th.

Logo: 1st week (from Sept. 21st to Sept 28th at 24:00 GMT)
Content: 2nd week (from Sept. 29th to Oct. 5th at 24:00 GMT)
Coding: 3rd and 4th weeks. (from Oct. 6th to Oct. 19th GMT)

Prizes:

A book of choice for each winner. Kits are not included.

Results and winners announcement:
End of October to early November.

Submissions:
E-mail to sitepointcompetitions@gmail.com.
Include in your subject the name of the area you’re competing in:

Logo
Content
Front-End

Best of luck to everyone!

Just in case anybody has somehow missed this Global Announcement the: [FONT=verdana][SIZE=2][B][COLOR=#ff00cc][B]

Pink For October [Logo] Competition is now Running! only until 28 Sept![/B][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

You only have a handful of days still left to design the Logo and submit it. So you better get your fingers out if you are still thinking of entering and showing off your logo design skills, etc. This thread was also created also as a discussion about this 3-in-1 contest for anybody that has any specific questions regarding the rules and is competing, etc.

Show me you actually do care for Breast Cancer awareness and have a go at entering something, and perhaps if you are lucky you also win a SitePoint prize for your Logo. :cool:

Great! I am going to prepare something for the Front-End and Coding, but wondering, can we use the logo from the logo competition, and also some of the text from the Content competition.

Yes, you can :slight_smile:

We’ll be looking forward to your entry Angelos, I am sure it will be great with your talents and so far the entries submitted for the logo are thin on the ground.

So people all you need to do is get out your favourite graphics editor and show me you have a passion for web design and logo creativity - make sure you enter and your chances of success will be increase tenfold!

Only about three days left to submit… so don’t leave it too late and be kicking yourself for not entering. :slight_smile:

Ohh thats great … can i attend the competition for logo making only. And i only know Photoshop for logo design .Is it OK .Please let me know

So yes, you can, but the logo competition ends on the 28th, so better get to work! :wink:

Ok thanks i will start work from today itself … thank for the additional information .

I am looking forward to seeing the entries for this one. Although I gotta say, I’m not much into pink.

hmmmm what I will get if I win the contest ?
do you have special gift package for this competition?

From the original post:

Prizes:
A book of choice for each winner. Kits are not included.

The sands of time are running out…you only have until the end of today [Wednesday 28 September GMT] to submit your Logos, so hurry to make sure your entry counts if you don’t enter you cannot win.

yes i had made a logo and sent it to the email. It was nice to work with logo.

Ding dong… round two!

Pink For October [Content] Competition is now Running! only until 5 October!

Ah, content; where you get to write good creative content about boobies, and the awareness of breast cancer. Highlighting how we all like nice healthy breasts - remember it’s not just women that get affected by the cancer - and how to make more people aware of breast cancer in an engaging short piece of writing.

Go on, put pen to paper or finger to keyboard and let’s see some inspiring entries, surely you can string a few good paragraphs together. :slight_smile:

wow, Since I’m a newbie writer I’ll try to join on the “content” contest. This is so exciting. I wonder what kind of book that I’ll take if I win. :slight_smile:

That’s great ! :agree: Looking forward to it.

Yes, do enter the ‘Content’ competition. Because for the previous ‘Logo’ competition; you probably could have counted the actual submissions on one hand, which is a shame… Since the SPF forum is apparently populated with a significant amount of people that “claim” they do commercial work within the Logo Design spectrum. Albeit not much physical evidence has been seen of that here [competition] so perhaps there were some exaggerating.

Speaking to the throng; who else is going to step-up to enter the ‘Content’ contest, give it a try anyway. You never know, you might just win but you won’t find-out unless you enter, and do your part to highlight Breast Cancer awareness with some good written content. You don’t need to be a professional writer so long as you capture the spirit and express it in words, as per the competition guidelines. :slight_smile:

Great! I am going to prepare something for the Front-End and Coding

I am weak to enter coding but now trying to give best service and gain something from this forum.

Is there a website for this?