Pink For October: The Contest! (3x1)

No, just this thread… and an e-mail address to submit your entries: sitepointcompetitions@gmail.com

The deadline for the “Content” competition is looming [Midnight 5 October GMT] and so far there doesn’t seem to be any submissions…

It’d be silly not to enter something and let the prize go unclaimed! For surely, some more you can write something on Breast Cancer awareness (as per rules).

I cannot enter (as I am an SPF Mentor), I am not a professional writer but even I’d have probably been able to whip something up worthy of entering into the “Content” competition.

Hmm 200-words is hardly a great effort to write about to publicise Breast Cancer awareness. Even within this post I have just made, I have written over 110-words in length. So that’s how easy it is to write something about Breast Cancer and boobies.

Just in case the majority of you are still living in a cave and haven’t heard the Pink for October [Coding] competition is now under-way:

Pink For October [Front-end and Coding] Competition is now Running! only until 19 Oct!

I know quite a lot of you claim you can design websites and “do it for a living” but I suspect many get their mothers to help them do their work and pass it off as their own. I am so convinced that I reckon most of you won’t have the courage to enter this Coding competition for fear of being shown up… :wink:

Are you going to prove me wrong and enter? Or just sit there in silence cowering or pretending you haven’t seen this thread. Well the gauntlet has been thrown down.

Come on guys this competition is to show others that you care about Breast Cancer awareness and to show-off your web design and coding skills. We had plenty of people commenting earlier this year about the ridged “Pure HTML and CSS” competition and how they’d love to have a competition where they could have more flexibility and use JS and images, etc.

Well now here is your chance, a call to action, don’t deny yourself and show some backbone and enter. :slight_smile:

For someone who isn’t much of a writer / designer …

Am I cool to just use a bunch of Lorem Ipsum, perhaps sprinkled with some facts from NBCF?

Lorem Ipsum is fine to me… It is the design and the code and the effects that we care of :slight_smile:

Glad to see somebody has taken interest and shown some willing to compete; you do know there is no getting out of it or giving backword now you’ve taken the challenge. :smiley:

Hopefully some more will be encouraged by your example John and we’ll get more entries than I have fingers. Well, the Logo entries could be counted on one hand.

I better get our team of fellow Judges organised in anticipation as I am sure we’ll get some more soon. Like was said it doesn’t matter greatly if you are not a great content writer of designer (for part three). But it does matter that you “have a go” and show some spirit. It’s the taking part that counts here which in turn will help remind people about Breast Cancer awareness. :slight_smile:

Who else is going to leave their mark here and enter…

Malona, is there any logo and content I can choose to work with. I can probably create a demo logo, but it probably won’t be any good.

Ideally I would prefer to use logos and text from the content, would there be a possibility to create some kind of shared area where we can find appropriate material. I use DropBox a lot, so maybe you can put something there, not sure really. I am not too sure of competitive solutions.

The logo itself won’t be getting scrutinised particularly (if you chose to create one) since that was the idea of the Logo Competition (first part). So there doesn’t need to be a first class logo for the “Front-end and Coding” (part three).

So anybody can compete in this Coding part without panicking about logo design. :slight_smile:

In fact you don’t even have to use a graphics based Logo if you don’t want as they are only just loose suggestions.

We have given a fairly free rein of what you can do regarding design; obviously it should be themed on “Pink for October” and has to have a menu. Other than that you can use your discretion to some extent. Since there is no set ‘text content’ or given copy material for the main page. Note that you should think pink and try your best to use appropriate material on the page that would be fitting for the topic/theme “Pink for October” and breast cancer awareness.

You will be displaying the entries somewhere, right?

Yep :slight_smile:

4.- You may (if you want) use the logos and/or text presented in previous areas of the contest.

Are the logo and copy entries available to use in the coding entries?

No they are not, what she meant was if you had entered either the ‘logo’ or ‘content’ competitions you could use your own work that you had previously submitted.

Otherwise just do the ‘Coding’ (part 3) using your own material. Obviously the Logo and Content won’t be specifically judged for part three so just focus on the coding and design as per rules. Plus try to “Think Pink” with the Design elements, etc.

I hope you enter as there are only a few days to go and nobody has risen to the challenge yet. If you don’t enter you cannot win and if you are the only entry or there are only a few your chances will be high. Even if you aren’t bothered about winning; it’s still good to enter to show you have thought about Breast Cancer awareness and have had the courage to spread the word through code.

Oh working on a submit, this is going to be cool.

I am so convinced that I reckon most of you won’t have the courage to enter this Coding competition for fear of being shown up…

I will enter this competition, but take into consideration I am only spending a day on it. On the plus side I don’t really need to wait for any feedback before coding. So ye, it’s going to be really fun.

I would love feedback afterwards, I just know the person in this forum that might be up for the job. :wink:

I will see how much I can get done before the final hours. BTW: when are those final hours. I am based in GMT+2.

time is GMT so to know the actual closing time would be Oct 20th at 2 am for you

Yes, you can have some personalised feedback on the entry (after the final results) since they’ll be at least half-a-dozen SPF Judges looking at the entries. It doesn’t matter if you only spend a few hours on the page or just want to do it more for the fun of entering and awareness of Breast Cancer. The main thing is you enter now you have told the whole world you will be doing. :slight_smile: