Pinterest -- Can anyone break it down?

Keep reading general posts about working on Pinterest - can anyone break it down please?
Thank you .

Why you want to break it down? O.o

Sorry for confusion - my response was moved here from another thread by the moderator :slight_smile:

The thing is that I am not very well familiar with Pinterest and would appreciate if people can share their experience on using this social media platform to promote or market their websites.

Pinterest is a great way to market your business. We get great traffic from it. It is the image sharing platform. We can share many pictures of our business by making different boards. The most favourable audience on pinterest are women. Its easy to follow people on it and can make them follow us back. Here we can share a lot about our business and can easily promote it. But the thing is you need to be regular in this.

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

So Pinterest is pretty much the tool if you are running bakery shop, interior design agency, wedding salon, etc? :rofl:

Exactly as these type of businesses have a lot of fresh and interesting stuff to share in visual form.

Although I don’t use Pinterest, from what I have seen at other sites, you can also create a Pinterest page and a following by pinning those things that interest you. Many websites have Pinterest sharing icons.

Hi, I’ve made an account on Pinterest, and yes - it allows all kinds of interactions between the users.

Overall, Pinterest reminds me Tumblr for some reason :rolleyes:

However, I don’t see a lot of activity there - even pins of the “popular” section have only 100-200 likes…:confused:

Pinterest is highly visual. If you have a site that uses great images, Pinterest may be very valuable to you. If you have a site that conveys its content primarily through words, it may be difficult to find an effective use for Pinterest.

See if you are talking about interactions like that we have on facebook or twitter then its not possible. We cannot have direct chat with our followers or following. But yes there is an option to invite people to like our boards to follow us. We can also invite our email contacts to follow us on pinterest. By inviting we start sharing our pins. We make people to pin our pins from our boards by inviting them.