Pinterest marketing?

I know that pinterest is a new platform and not a lot of research has been done about the marketing potential of pinterest. I just wanted to poll what you guys think about pinterest. Any success with pinterest as a marketing platform?

If you run an e-commerce site, especially one with “cool” or interesting products, Pinterest is fantastic. If you run a blog with interesting imagery like awesome photography, hot chicks, funny stuff, etc., then Pinterest is fantastic.

If you are trying to do web marketing for a local plumber, Pinterest will suck. If you are trying to generate health care leads, Pinterest will suck.

Really depends on what you’re looking to do. Pinterest is a good equivalent to Facebook in that people are there to have a good time and spend time looking at cool stuff. If your subject is staid or boring then it’s not really a good fit. Some companies have Pinterest feeds just to do social and other than generating crap traffic it doesn’t do much for them.

It is interesting to note that SEOmoz shows Pinterest as having a very high value link when adding your site address, though you can’t control the anchor (it’s a little globe), which is probably why so many companies have profiles.

Hi,

Pinterest as the name suggests “Pin your interest”, Pinterest is a platform where you can engage with more audiences related to your category of business. You can find pinboards of different categories, according to your interest, you can follow the boards. Create your pinboard, add & share images on your board. You are also allowed to like and share images from other pinboards, Re-Pin, Like or Share as per your interest.

Pinterest is brilliant if you use images within your marketing strategy. I use a lot of images with holidays for my site and tend to use Instagram, Flickr and Tumblr a lot so it only made sense that I used Pinterest. After all it is in the top 5 social networks at the minute.

But again, it is not only an image sharing site, it is a social image sharing site, you need to interact, like other pictures, follow other boards, comment on picture etc. If you can use your website/blog to funnel pinterest users to your boards thats great also.

I have heard that Pinterest is very good i driving traffic to a website but I have not able to get any such kind of traffic from it. I have posted many in technology but haven’t got any benefit from it.

What have you done to warrant getting a response?

Another one in the long list of things to get traffic from.

Like all these site, you get in what you put in. Sooooo. Be prepared to put work in to another online Social Media Site.

You are still going to need interesting content.
You are still going to need a lot of followers
You are still going to need a lot of Likes…Sorry I mean repins

Get all the above and yeah, Pinterest may work for you. Every new tool that comes along still needs a lot your time invested in for it to work…

I also heard it is good, but had no success about it. It is just like facebook but you don’t need friends but followers :). Otherwise you will hardly get noticed. It is quite hard to start there from scratch in my opinion…

pinterest is mostly good for e-commerce sites and graphics designing sites. mostly works for websites that have attractive graphical content. its my opinion.

After few month I try with social sites, I see that Pinterest drives traffic to my website well. If you run business that is related with shopping and woman, pinterest is ideal platform for you to get more visitor from it.

People like pictures more than reading big content in our website. And, also attractive images inspiring the people easily. If you pinning attractive and interesting picture with informative description on Pinterest, definitely people will follow your link. And, it is the natural process to drive targeted traffic to your website.

And moreover, If I search our brand name in Google, then our Pinterest page comes in 3rd position. So, according to me pinterest is a great way to get better SERP for our websites…!

[FONT=verdana]I have to disagree with many of the above comments.

If you are running any kind of business, or are engaged in internet marketing in any way (which is the theme of this section of the forum), I don’t see Pinterest as being at all useful. It’s true that it can be a good way of disseminating images from your site, but it does nothing to encourage viewers to click through to your site, and even less to encourage them to become customers of your product or service.

I’d also worry about the copyright implications. As far as I can see, the vast majority of people who pin the images do so without seeking permission from the copyright owners. And I suspect that may of the people who look on Pinterest for images do so in order to rip off the pictures for their own sites.

Mike

[/FONT]

If you have a website with lot of pictures like e-commerce or anything related to fashion, photography then it’s the best platform for you should definitely give it time to build strong network and people will surely follow you once that it will gradually build itself.

Im using pinterest but seems like it hard to get followers.(sigh) Anyone have an idea how to get followers fast and how to use pinterest on marketing?

Getting quality followers [i.e. people who are active in their own right and thus spread their content] is almost completely a function of meaningfully engaging. That means taking the time to setup boards, share interesting & original material to them, bring in relevant posts from others and follow / interact in your own right. Of course some topics are more popular than others, some followed longer, but that’s nothing you can force.