Pixel Tracking with PHP problem

Hi,

Let me first explain what i am trying to do:

step 1 : domain-a.com -> cookie is set using a redirecting PHP script(placed on domain-b.com) when a link to domain-b.com is clicked from this domain
step 2 : domain-b.com->main website -after a certain browsing user reaches domain-c.com
step 3 : domain-c.com -> when user reaches the thankyou page i placed a img tag with src = PHP confirmation script.(which confirms the cookie-placed on domain-b.com)

Everything is working like charm with Chrome and FF but IE is not able detect or recognize the cookie inside the confirmation script on step-3.

I am not able to find any specific reason for this.

I will really appreciate if anyone can help on this.

Thanks,

Kash

IE’s default security zone does not accept 3rd party cookies without a compact privacy policy, so make sure you send that header in whatever script sets the initial cookie.

You can verify this is the problem by checking if a cookie is being created in your first step or not. There’s a button to view cookies somewhere in IE’s settings.

hey thanks for the reply… i am having trouble here locating the headers…what kind of headers i should look for …?

would it help if i post my script here?

Please refer to P3P, Cookies and IE6.0: A Case Study which goes through the details of the cookie privacy policy.