kreut — 2011-03-23T17:53:01-04:00 — #1
I have a webpage that's dynamically generating student names, scores on exams, and names of assignments; users (aka teachers) will be able to view specific information from the database based on information specific to them. In particular, the headers are names of dynamically generated assignment names, then each row will have a student's info: name and then scores for the generated assignments.
Student Name | First Assignment | Second Assignment
Joe Shmoe | 3 | 4
Mikey Mike | 8 | 11
I've got it set up so that it works on the webpage, but it would be super helpful if my users can also download the information to an excel spreadsheet. Could someone point me in the right direction in the best way to get started on this, namely dynamically pulling the info from my database and then plopping it into a .csv file?
Thanks so much,
mrbaseball34 — 2011-03-24T10:36:52-04:00 — #2
Did you ever think about using Google to find code snippets for the term "PHP table to CSV"? Thousands of links.
kreut — 2011-03-24T14:34:11-04:00 — #3
Sorry....I surely should have Googled it first: I was getting a bit frustrated with other aspects of my site and wasn't thinking clearly. But, I took your advice and I'm 99% there. If I can't figure out the other 1%, maybe I'll send out another post.