Plastic Film for Aluminum MacBook?

My beautiful, white, plastic MacBook is aging quickly, and I am pondering getting an all aluminum MacBook Pro to replace it. (Who made these plastic cases that fall apart?!)

Problem is I do NOT like metal!!!

It feels uncomfortable to the touch and it is COLD in the Winter!!! :frowning:

Does someone make a Protective Film Cover that you can apply to the area below the keyboard to protect my delicate skin?! :-/

Thanks,

Debbie

I’ve never heard of such a thing (although that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist). I had a similar problem with my gel wrist rest freezing my wrists in winter and solved it by knitting wrist warmers. :slight_smile:

You knit?! :eek:

Not sure that knitted items would work here.

If I was daring, I’d go buy some wall paper and stick it on the large open areas on each side of the track pad?!

Am I the only one with these concerns/issues?!

Debbie

How about craft foam? Comes in self-adhesive and non-adhesive varieties. I don’t know any US suppliers, but a quick Google found craftsuppliesforless.com/kidscraftsupplies_foamsheets.html If you have a craft shop anywhere near you, they’ve probably got it.

There are such things available, though the aluminium on my macbook pro has a slight texture to it, has never struck me as typically cold and metallic.

Have any links you care to share? (I Googled and New Egg’ed like crazy, but couldn’t find anything?!)

though the aluminium on my macbook pro has a slight texture to it, has never struck me as typically cold and metallic.

I was in an Apple Store last week, and I have to say that the “brushed aluminum” on the new MacBook Pro’s almost felt like plastic. Yet, I am suspicious, and such a minor thing could REALLY ruin a person’s experience with a new laptop.

I know that I HATE how my aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboards feel… Cold and metallic!! :mad:

Debbie

a search for ‘macbook palmrest skin’ should get you some options