Please help for setup cron job

I need to setup cron job command, my script provider gave me this full code and tell me to modify as per cpanel. i am confused where to start to get the details for the command. please help.

Provided command:- /usr/local/bin/php “/home/olkumfvp/public_html/wp-content/uploads/scripts/script v.1.14/cron.php” >> “/home/olkumfvp/public_html/wp-content/uploads/scripts/script v.1.14/cronlog.txt” 2>&1

instructions given:-

/usr/local/bin/php is the path to PHP. “/home/olkumfvp/public_html/script/cron.php” is the path to the cron.php file on server. “/home/olkumfvp/public_html/script/cronlog.txt” indicates where to save logs for cron. System will create this file if it does not exist 2>&1 Keep this as is.

I am requesting you that, please tell me where can i see my cpanel path, example:- i saw 2 paths in php folder in my cpanel :-

Paths and Directories include_path Windows: “\path1;\path2” c:\php\includes" .:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php

please some one modify the code

Prasanth,

I use a PHP script triggered by CRON:

/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/homedir/public_html/cronjob.php

Where /usr/local/bin/php is the location of the PHP executable, -q is a switch (I don’t recall what the switch’s function is) and /home/homedir/public_html/cronjob.php is the PHP file I want to have executed. In my file, though, I have it e-mail the results to me rather than write to a log (which only “burns” more storage space).

Regards,

DK

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.