Please Help me on New Site Navigation for SEO

Hi Guys,

I have a fairly popular wrestling site which is about to get re-designed, with a bigger focus on SEO. One of the changes will be the navigation and I just wanted some opinions on what I have come up with. I’ve focused on ‘keeping it simple’ but am always open to ideas to improve things. I’m not sure how much people will be able to assist here without any knowledge on wrestling and the market, but what the heck…

So here is a list of all content currently on the site:

WWE News
WWE Results
TNA News
TNA Results
Wrestling Photos
Diva Photos
Wrestling Videos
Opinions / Columns
Contact page

HERE ARE THE NAVIGATION OPTIONS I’ve come up with…

Option #1

NEWS
TV / PPV
DIVAS KNOCKOUTS
PHOTOS
VIDEOS
OPINIONS
CONTACT

Option #2

NEWS (dropdown of WWE News and TNA News)
TV / PPV (dropdown of WWE Results and TNA Results)
DIVAS KNOCKOUTS
PHOTOS
VIDEOS
OPINIONS
CONTACT

Option #3

WWE (dropdown of News and TV / PPV)
TNA (drowpdown of News and TV / PPV)
DIVAS KNOCKOUTS
PHOTOS
VIDEOS
OPINIONS
CONTACT

I prefer option 1. I always keep the nav short and to the point. Once they navigate to that page then you can expand on it with a brief description. But all in all it prob matters little. Just go with what suits your design.

I would also go with Option 1, if only because it avoids the drop-downs. But, from an SEO point of view, it won’t make a lot of difference. What’s more important is that the navigation should be as simple as possible for the visitor.

For that reason, I would consider setting up a quick prototype for each of the options, and testing them on some typical users.

Mike

You can also get help from following blog
http://www.distilled.net/blog/seo/site-navigation-for-seo/

Option 1! The less dropdowns, the better. People should have everything they need in front of their eyes as the homepage loads.

Option number 1 is the perfect for the navigation but to design it in proper way in the website and as seo perspective is also necessary hence going to share a resource link that will help to design SEO friendly navigation. http://www.myseotechnique.com/2013/04/navigation-tips.html