Please review my eCommerce site for a school work

Please review my site in terms of a buyer.
What do you think I need to change to persuade buyers to purchase?
FYI, this site is still under construction.
I expect to listen to your kind and productive advice.
Thanks in advance.

https://cst8267-bak00006.myshopify.com/

Overall, the text size is a little on the small side, which may present a problem for some of your potential clientele. Other than that, the only thing Iā€™d note is that on the ā€˜Peopleā€™ page, the text is far too cramped up against the images - give it a bit of a margin, so it can breathe a little.

Oh, and I see this error on the Chrome dev tools console ā€œFailed to clear temp storage: It was determined that certain files are unsafe for access within a Web application, or that too many calls are being made on file resources. SecurityErrorā€

You may want to look into what that means.

Hi @woodfish76, and welcome to the forum.

To get the most benefit from your topic, please give us some idea of any particular aspects of your site you would like feedback on. Is it the design? Ease of use? Content? Or something else? Are there certain areas youā€™d like us to concentrate on?

2 Likes

Thanks for your interest.
I will add up your advice to my post. :blush:

Thanks for your advice.
I will look into what that means for sure. :wink:

I like the slide-show of pictures and itā€™s overall design of background. Itā€™s not too messy, well organized and the links are easy to navigate.

I really like the site! Great visuals and I like the colour theme.

Like others have mentioned, I think the font could be a little larger. Also, on pages like this one,
https://cst8267-bak00006.myshopify.com/blogs/people
a little more space between image and text would read nicer.

Good luck with your site

I like the idea behind the site - a treasure trove of unusual items - and I like the colour scheme. It seems to work well for your type of business.

As others have said, some of your text is much too small. Your products will appeal to a wide age-range; donā€™t alienate older folk or those with visual problems by making your text impossible to read! And on the same theme, there is insufficient contrast between your white background and the light grey text. Many people will have difficulty in reading this. I use this colour contrast analyser tool all the time - itā€™s really useful for testing text legibility. Tests against colour-blindness issues, too. http://www.visionaustralia.org/business-and-professionals/digital-accessibility-services/resources/tools-to-download/colour-contrast-analyser-2-2-for-web-pages (You donā€™t want to go to the bother of building a great site, only to find some visitors canā€™t use it, do you?)

My biggest criticism would probably be the complete lack of any information about your products. Iā€™m very careful with how I spend my money, and I want to know exactly what Iā€™m getting before I order from you.

I like your ā€œpopinstoryā€ section, with the stories behind the products. Perhaps you need to think about tying the two together a bit more? I enjoyed the information about La Verna, but couldnā€™t see its significance. Later, I noticed the La Verna soap. So perhaps another paragraph there talking about the soap? Or even just a link at the bottom to the relevant page(s) in your shop, and the same on the shop pages - a link to tie in with any background articles. (And as already said by others, you need to add some padding between the pictures and text on the ā€œpeopleā€ page.)

I donā€™t know that ā€œabout usā€ is the right title for a menu area containing a contact form and news of events. I expect ā€œabout usā€ to tell me about the business or the people running it - and that information is on the home page. And the footer ā€œabout usā€ link goes straight to the contact form, so ā€œcontact usā€ would be a much clearer label there.

On a real e-commerce site, I would expect to find Terms of Service information, such as delivery information, (what do you charge? which areas will you deliver to?) returns policy, and similar details.

Overall, an interesting site, and I look forward to seeing it again when youā€™ve updated it.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.