Please review our site and give us your honest opinion. Tell us what you like, what you hate, and what you would change/improve. We can handle brutal honesty. Anything feedback is greatly appreciated.
Things seems to be on the right place, its quite easy to find if you seek for something specific. Thats more then half of a good web site right there, gj.
Cons & how to improve in no particular order:
- Color scheme (if you can call two colors a "scheme") is rather dull and boring.
- Lack of nicely designed special offers. You look on the homepage and all you see is 3 small products and dozen of black hyperlinks.
- This might not be the best example but here is roughly what i mean http://www.victoriassecret.com/ . Even if you dont want to add huge backgrounds and photos you can still add something colorful, nice and big to catch the eye.
- why are there huge spacers between "best sellers"?
- "contacts" on top is good, but actually putting a phone number or skype button there is even better
- its lacking buttons. Hyperlinks are cool but you need to mix them with buttons. Whenever i see a black hyperlink my brain tells me its probably an adwords nowadays.
- product page like http://semperdivina.com/8720 is lacking design finish and feels unfinished. Also why is it called "8720"? — not the best idea in terms of seo.
hope it helps.
When I first arrive, I don't feel like I'm on the home page, because there's no introductory sentence to give me a feel for your company style or mission. It feels like I landed in the middle of a product category landing page, but I can't figure out where I am. I'm scanning, thinking, do they sell sexy costumes? No, there are shoes. Do they only sell high-end clothes? What is this place?
The navigation tabs are clear and I like the way they're organized, but it takes me a while to focus on them. It's great to have lots of photos on your home page to draw people in, but it might be too much too soon. Your tag line "Where inner and outer beauty collide" is nice, but not something you notice right away, and you've got a title page tag line that says "always beautiful, always [something]" and either one of these would help give the home page a sense of "this is who we are and what we do and who we are selling to."
There is a lot of space at the bottom in the center that's empty--wonder if you could adjust the layout so the left sidebar and center content end in about the same place?
Although the colors align, there is a huge disconnect for me between your logo in the top left, which says "mystery/glamour" and your "free shipping/best quality" icons in the top right, which say something more like "car sales." I would define your target market a little more clearly--if it's higher-end, save the free shipping information for the product pages and keep them off the home page. If it's Everyday Women can feel like a Million Dollars, then make the logo a little more practical-looking (although that wouldn't coordinate with your company name so well) and keep the free shipping focus where it is. Hope that makes sense. I understand that even wealthy shoppers appreciate free shipping, but I think it's better to present one clear message about who you are. Indulgent? Economic? If you try to be both on one page, the messages fight each other.
I like the way you've given customers options to sort within product categories. It frustrates me to click on holiday apparel and not be able to find the product I clicked on--there's a sparkly bustier for the category pic, but it's not available as a product in that category.
The colors of the site work for this product, and the search feature is placed logically. Good luck!
I like the fact that you attached all those badges in the header: Free Shipping, Safe and Secured, Best Service. It really offers the visitor some confidence into the shop. The name, Semper Divina, is also nice and highly brandable. As for the design, I believe there's a little to much of the same color. I would try changing the color scheme and finding something lighter, perhaps. I think once you have shopped a few times, the name will stick into your head.
I randomly clicked a product and liked the big image, which I think is vital in showing the visitor what you are selling. The product description disappointed me a little, as it only contained 3-4 words. I think you should try to offer better descriptions of your products. No one will buy something without knowing what it is.
Hope this helps a little.
I think your site is well organised with all the necessary things in the right place. With little more tweaking your site will look great.
The first impression of the site somewhat lacks an impact. Maybe this is because I'm a developer but it looks like a standard template straight out of box. For example the category navigation can be improved quickly by changing the font, size and style. Maybe you can increase the size by a couple of points and bold them, rather than the current plain font with underline.
Also it maybe an idea to include one big banner at the top of the right column to announce the grand opening of the site or featured products to grab the attention of the visitors.
I don't know how much control over the template but the important thing is to work on what you can change and make the site really your own. This will differentiate your site from others.
Well first of all I echo the comment you have a really super site here - well done! I know how hard it is
I echo also the comment on the landing page there is no intro text...."reasons to assure buyers, we are .......already selling via a shop for x years" or whatever
On scrolling down the landing page I was expecting so see more info below "Shop for Products by Category". Maybe space for something else?
you cater for international buyers, you cart is perfect and you show paying options, and international costs
but forgive me please it seemed a US only site, I guess because I looked at the way the tel code was displayed
It is not immediately evident you send worldwide So perhaps add the + before full tel code or even say INTERNATIONAL DELIVERIES - sorry if you do right at the start but I missed it
well done very well done
Say International delivery available and not expect people to look at the delivery option page
Nice Ecommerce website. If you could add Pop-up in your images then it will be more attractive.
Good day! I'm want to share my opinion about your site. It looks preatty well, but there are a few things that you might change. First of all look at the left top corner, you got some html part "page contents" hide it. Next thing you got 166px height top-bar, but you don't use it, it just have some useless pics and it's stealing your space. Because of it your "Shop for Products by Category" is not fit entirely. So maybe you should get rid of it.
You got a lot of empty space after Shop for Products by Category block, maybe you write some articles down there it would be also good for SEO and your pagerank. Try to write more description to the products and add more pics. Use zoom plugin on the pics, so people who don't see well also had popportunity to see the pics) Also I think you need online support, not just contact via email. You can find a lot off freee services around the web.
If you have some questions feel freee to cantact me
I think the site is very functional. Filters are available on the left sidebar so you can easily find what you want.
Regarding above comment about free shipping icon, personally If I was buying something whether it be cheap or expensive, I would be more then happy if free shipping were provided. I think it will give you a competitive edge over other sellers and I personally don't believe it's giving mixed messages.
As has been mentioned by others, I would definitely change the color to maybe a few subtle colors that work together to improve the overall look and feel of the site. I would recommend you use gradients, drop shadows etc in your color scheme.
Also, the empty block underneath the slider images at the bottom needs to have something added there as it looks kind of empty.
I think the site works well enough, a couple notes just from the perspective of if I personally were tasked to make refinements to the site:
- I'd lose the underlines under the main navigation links (It's apparent from the placement that they're links, so these are just unnecessary elements that add clutter)
- I personally would add a nice large banner with a fantastic image (I'm sure you have some great images to use :)). You could use this to highlight current specials and it would add a lot of interest to the site and really suck people in.
- I'd lose the drop shadows on the navigational items on the left -- again I don't think this adds anything to the page
- Remove the whitespace below the main content -- A large banner at the top could help to remove this, but currently the site just looks a bit unfinished because of this wasted space.
Too much info is below the fold. make the top content bar much narrower. I also don't think those two logos at the top right are adding anything to the site.
The sign up form at the bottom left has 'Click to unsubscribe' written underneath! 'Subscribe' surely?
I would also consider using a more modern-looking theme. That looks like the kind of free theme that ecommerce sites were using 10 years ago. It needs to be updated.
I'll list my ideas for improval and they won't be technical. Here's what i'm thinking.
1. You should shrink your header. It's stealing too much space.I like what you write about free shipping, service and so on. That looks really cool! But it's simply too big and the excess space should be used for something else.
2. When a customer visits your site, they either leave immediately or choose to stay. All of this comes down to whether not you can grab their attention, and you usually only have a few seconds to do so. IOW: BAM! "here's what we offer, it's stylish, fancy..etc".I'm sure you get what I'm saying here. Right now I'm met by a very dull picture saying "celebrate the seasons with Semper Divina".
3. This leads me on to the next part. I have my own website and I placed a slideshow on top of the page. I've learned that the best thing to do, is to place products on such places or at least include a product in the slideshow with a "shop now button". This refers to my 2'nd point about making it clear what you offer and how it's a great product.
4. The colors are too dark. For some reason it makes me think about christmas, or a store that sells sex-toys(just being honest here)
5. You have some awesome products on your site, I've looked at them. What's your best seller? Might be a good idea to make that product the most visible one!
6. One site which I believe is doing a great job is nelly. It's a norwegian site, and although I've never bought anything from them, I think they've done a good job with their design. You should check it out and see if you can "borrow" some ideas from them: www.nelly.no
7.Include a symbol for "my cart", and make it very visible! Also include a VISA/MC/DISCOVERY sign etc. visible on your site (should be at the bottom) making it clear to your customers that you accept these types of payments.
8. You have a great category and navigation bar. It looks very professional.
9. People shopping from relatively unknown sites are very concerned with reliability. I've discovered that large chunks of people visiting my site go straight to the "about us" section after reviewing some of the products. They wish to know if it's a serious business and whether not it can be trusted. What I'm trying to say here is that by including more information about your business under "about us", you seem more professional and reliable thus they become more prone to give you their credit card numbers and financial information.
Hope this helps! Good luck. I admire your work and I'm sure you'll succeed
Wow, what a website you have got. Excellent design and very user friendly functionality. I really like your website design. Checkout process is working fine. Excellent!
I have seen only one thing that you need to fix. Your website is having canonical issues. It means your website is visible with the following URLs:
If you look this from SEO (Search Engine Optimization) angle then it is not good. Google bot will consider above links as different, but all links contents are same and should be landed in particular page. You can easily fix this by editing .htaccess file from your server. Hope this helps.
I agree with jewelraz about the sef urls, that is a must fix. this will show up as duplicate content and hurt your rankings if its not fixed. Also your social media links are hidden down at the bottom.
Is the site hosted in Joomla? If yes you can fix SEF URLs pretty quickly. The site is well designed but the site is a little dark. Shopping site should have bright colors preferably vibrant red. Photographs on the site are not glamorous. Other than that the site is great.