geoffsmith — 2014-05-15T05:26:35-04:00 — #1
We have this end of tenancy cleaning website - http://www.moveoutmates.co.uk/ . We did great on the SEO. We started ranking for several keywords, but people just didn't really like the design. Even if there were clicks, the bounce rate was high. So it means they closed it really, really fast. The only logical action was redesign.
So here is what we did:
1. There wasn't a lot of call-to-action. We added a few buttons - the top black button is more attractive now and it follows you. Then another one on the left and at the bottom. So when people get there, they might consider booking.
We put those Deals images. Made them interactive to draw more attention. And we added a deals and packages section, because people want to save some money and might actually find it helpful. So those images from the front page now link to the new page. And we made Deals and Packages to be attractive - every deal is a different image, instead of just text.
The video is not a masterpiece, but we made it HD (it wasn't before). So at least it's more pleasant than before.
The side booking form is now a button and it opens when you click it. It used to be the whole sidebar. People really didn't like it.
There are benefits under the header and reviews on the front page.
Social buttons are noticeable.
I know the text is a lot, so we are considering to make it with a "Read More" button. And there are issues with IE7. Don't know why, but You can't open it in IE7.
What do you think of it? Does it look reliable? Is it user friendly? Is it Informative? I know it's a lot of questions, but the competition is enormous and we can't afford to have a lousy site...
This is how it used to look
newrykillz — 2014-05-15T10:43:01-04:00 — #2
My only gripe is the 2 column layout after the fold. Stick with the one column layout. It looks good.
bkp24 — 2014-05-15T13:29:13-04:00 — #3
General Comments based on my experience with your desktop site:
1. Let's Talk is in a very uninviting dark red, something brighter would make want to click it, your orange would do the trick.
2. Let's Talk images gets in the way of the text.
3. The text in the main body is too small to read
4. The images are too big, it doesn't integrate well into the design on a 24"+ fullhd screen.
5. There are too many CTAs, you have book us 3 times, and 3 phones numbers, it could be simplified.
6. There are too many links; it is a bit confusing, you have a bottom and top menu, then 5 CTAs and 2 social icons
7. They are too many field in the contact form, email + phone + postcode seems a bit much, my first thought was why does a cleaning company need my email address. From the consumer perspective you are asking for a lot of trust, it is a bit of a barrier.
General Comments based on my experience with the mobile site:
1. Not enough useful information above the fold.
2. The front page images do not scale well to mobile.
3. Text overlaps with image at the bottom of the page.
Everything else are small nit picky stuff.
Overall nice use of black hat seo
geoffsmith — 2014-05-16T01:27:30-04:00 — #4
- Yes, there are some issues with the chat. I really don't like it, because it's too big and sometimes it doesn't even appear on the screen. We'll try to fix it.
- For normal resolutions the text looks good, but we've never tested it on something bigger. You say you have a 24" fullhd screen... Yeah, it's probably hard to read there. And because the Deals Images are responsive, they always stay the same size. Kind of annoying. We'll see what we can do about that.
- The CTA is necessary. One at the ends, so when people read the info, they have one button for reminder. One black to follow the reader. The third on the top left is a booking form actually. We're just experimenting to see if the people will respond better with the new buttons.
I really don't see any Black Hat in the site? Are you sure you are familiar with the term?
Thank you for the full review.
bkp24 — 2014-05-16T03:39:24-04:00 — #5
A bit cheeky, yes i am familiar with the term.
Below is my reasoning for believing that this site uses the black hat keyword stuffing technique for the content(the rest is white hat from what i can see).
Studys show that when user read websites that they scan the page; large blocks of text are proabably the worst thing you can do for user experience. Shorter blocks of meaningful text and bullet points is far more effective in getting information to the user.
In short the text seems to be written for search engines not for people, hence me calling it black hat. I thought this was deliberate as it is very common for people to deploy this technique on thin static service based sites.
michaeltinnin — 2014-05-18T05:06:53-04:00 — #6
Nicely done! I only spotted one flaw with the design.
- Hard floors
- Kitchen appliances – oven, fridge, freezer
- Windows and glass doors
- Carpets and upholstery
- Bathtub, sink and toilet
- Hard surfaces
- Kitchen work tops and cupboards
The image to the left of that text would look better if you added some space to it. Other than that I can find anything else. Great work!
system — 2014-05-21T01:16:48-04:00 — #7
You have designed a nice website. Its is user friendly also. I have visited your site. I found one thing, that is you should take care of your title tags according to your selected keywords for that particular page. I am talking from SEO point of view. If you set proper title for your each pages , then it will help you for well ranking.
If you are getting more bounce rate, then concentrate on the content of your landing pages.
Follow the analytics. Find from where the visitors are exiting. Find the reason behind that. And then try to solve the problem.
itouch_cv_s — 2014-05-21T04:43:32-04:00 — #8
I really like the site !!! Very professional, stands out and simple to navigate.
Sure, there will be some teething issues but its pretty much there for layout and design.
Marketing looks good - specials page can be developed once you listen to customer feedback.
For SEO - don't forget to add tags to all images - meta tags seem fine (didn't review whole site though).
All in all, I reckon you have done really well.
mpressme — 2014-05-22T11:31:58-04:00 — #9
In your initial post you said your bounce rate was extremely high... and to fix that you redesigned the site, but what else did you do? It's my belief that a visitor will stay on even the ugliest of websites if they feel that they are getting something of "value" out of it. So I say all that to say... good job on the redesign, a couple issues here and there, but I'm still missing the "value" of your service. It should be screaming and in my face "We help you get your money back - Guaranteed!" Offer an ebook, video, testimonials, discount, giveaway, something that the user has to engage with immediately upon landing on the site for at least 2-3 minutes. If the content is good and of "value", visitors will click (aka stick) around for more of that juicy stuff. Bounce rate problem solved...BOOM .
~ Best of luck!
coreyk — 2014-05-23T09:17:11-04:00 — #10
I did not understand what your TITLE is trying to say
sagive — 2014-05-27T04:28:48-04:00 — #11
i like the colors but the main body is kinda messy (apologies)
Since those three slider images lead to the same place why not
create one image that makes it eaiser for the eye to see stuff
and would make stuff more organized?
krzysztof_s_w — 2014-05-28T04:55:01-04:00 — #12
it looks professional. I would change the color of call-to-action buttons. They are orange. It is the same color as the navigation bar so they are not as visible as they should be.
Did the bounce rate change after the new desing has been implemented?
ziubzia — 2014-05-29T10:44:25-04:00 — #13
A few comments on your site. First off live chat is a great idea but having it pop up can be quite irritating from the point of user experience. I also think the pop up is way too big. The left hand sidebar is a little empty, I’d personally go for single column design at least on the homepage. Instead of your company address on the moving part of your header I would have your phone number.
Hope this helps.
geoffsmith — 2014-06-05T05:47:50-04:00 — #14
Thank you for the review. But what do you have in mind when saying I should take care of the title tags? Right now the title is End of Tenancy Cleaning from Move Out Mates. I think it's SEO friendly, because it includes the main service and the brand. Or are you talking about title tags in images? There is a comment which also suggest there is an issue with the tags of the images. Although, I don't see any misspells or problems. Could be more specific?
geoffsmith — 2014-06-05T05:55:16-04:00 — #15
Yes, the chat is a bit problematic, but if we make it smaller people might not see it. Probably we should get rid of the "Let's Talk" button and simply leave Chat Now. We really want the left sidebar there.. maybe if we add more content, like Facebook page, it would be more attractive.
Thank you for the reply! It is very helpful.
balsing — 2014-06-05T08:33:59-04:00 — #16
It is nice website for cleaning a place purposes. I found, it is easy to navigate and chat. I like your chat facility
geoffsmith — 2014-06-05T08:36:00-04:00 — #17
Hey, thanks! It's good to hear positive reviews sun
shophiarajan47 — 2014-06-05T14:16:27-04:00 — #18
I would say apart from Chat that look though but sometime problematic everything is good.
The website has good color combination as well as UI is nice. As you tell the call to action that best part to get attention of clients or user surfing your website. It is responsive as well, so good in most part.
Few suggestion from my side.
1. Try Social button in their own color like fb in blue and Google+ in red.
2. Try to have submit button little smaller and more attractive as well as remove the white spot or add some good image.
3. Do something to chat make it responsive as well.
4. Either make menu stick to top or remove from footer not required there.
5. Fix Problem of tool tip of the top menu, the black tool tip get not to the position after mouse goes to other menu link shows at the previous position rather it's own.
There may be other problem as well but overall i say very nice design
mittineague — 2014-09-12T05:21:14-04:00 — #19
This topic is now archived. It is frozen and cannot be changed in any way.