system — 2012-01-26T00:04:29-05:00 — #1
I am having a site website design, It is meant for designing, and redesigning for customer websites and making them visible in search engines. Kindly give your reviews regarding its services(I should include), Appearance, Navigation, i.e. overall. I am going to redesign it, only it will be your suggestion which will help me to make it awesome.
Thanks in advance. I also request our moderators to give their valuable feedback.
black_max — 2012-01-26T21:37:40-05:00 — #2
Whoa. Maybe a different person would have a different reaction, but my first reaction to the site was, "WTF?!? Is this the web design site from the review, or a marketing site, or a linkfarm, or what?" You've got a very sophisticated, video-laden version of mystery meat navigation going on. In fact, the whole front page seems to be a meth lab of design features -- neato-keeno jQuery effects here, fancy faux-HTML 5 wraparounds there, a bunch of different fonts, little boxes that leap open and closed, etc. Again, it may just be my preferences and perceptions, but the site gives me of being hyperactive, hyperkinetic, diffuse, and unfocused.
I also have a big issue with a design firm's main page being written with a transitional doctype and still having 40 validation errors.
giorgosk — 2012-01-27T07:41:30-05:00 — #3
Interesting design but a little complex
really what does this site do its not apparent on first few seconds
red_star_web_dev — 2012-01-27T08:14:53-05:00 — #4
For a quick glance, I have absolutely no idea what this website is trying to tell me, and most people aren't going to have the patience to try to figure it out.
You're definitely going for the kitchen sink here. There are some interesting functions in the navigation, but it's hard to parse out what's going to fly open, what's a button, etc.
Your backpages are a little bit better, but I don't get much of a sense of cohesion throughout the site. It seems like there's a lot of different styles here, and its more than a little overwhelming.
You've also got a lot of copy, especially on your various services pages. I just don't think people are going to read through all that stuff. I'd go through and streamline, cutting probably 2/3rds or so of the text and making the remaining copy clearer and more focused.
fokebox — 2012-01-27T15:29:26-05:00 — #5
Wow ... I am really impressed. Specific and very unusual design ... clean, clear and undestandable! Colors and layouts are perfect. May be someone say there too many jquery o something like that - but I really think everything looks very proffessional!
system — 2012-02-01T01:34:10-05:00 — #6
Great, I was expecting the similar feedback, can any one give me idea for designing its- "call for action"
lucifertje — 2012-02-01T07:59:42-05:00 — #7
It's very very busy. I would focus on a few key elements that you want to have the visitor see.
The rest is collateral.
As far as overall style it's ok but you seem to use a lot of different styles (WP style in the header, different cartoon styles here and there, pictures...)
I would pick one style and stick with it. Just text and photo's seems most professional to me.
webmachine — 2012-02-01T10:53:42-05:00 — #8
My first impression was that it is almost "hyperactive". I couldn't settle on one thing to focus on ... definitely too much going on on the home page. Having said that, I really like the choice of colours and the clean look it gives the site. Very important ... please slow down the testimonials. I am a fast reader and I only got through a third of a testimonial before it transitioned to the next one. I found this very frustrating and gave me the feeling that I really didn't want to look any further, but I wanted to leave the site right away.
iain84 — 2012-02-01T11:50:20-05:00 — #9
It's a bit messy with too many types of navigation but I really like the "accordion" navigation at the bottom
mgeranzani — 2012-02-01T15:39:27-05:00 — #10
Very busy but creative. I really like the Design but honestly it was not easy to understand what services your actually providing. I feel like you should highlight this. A "call to action" could be something like:
- Increase your visibility - Increase your sales - with our professional Search Optimized Web Design.
You could throw in words like Inspired, Innovative, Smart, Intuitive, Constant, In Demand, Premier, Premium, Strategic, Performance, Progress, Trend, Select, Creative, Priority, Effective, Quality, Vision.
Just a thought
lgrube3 — 2012-02-01T15:59:22-05:00 — #11
At first glance I was very unsure where to read or click. Its a bit overwhelming. I do like the hover animations though but Im thinking they can be incorporated in a way that is less stressful on the eye.
system — 2012-02-06T01:42:04-05:00 — #12
I have made few changes: Kindly check http://www.cbil360.com/index2.html and now tell me is it giving clear picture about website?
htmlslicemate — 2012-02-07T01:09:51-05:00 — #13
hey very nice website...i disagree with the posts above...it is different from others and looks very good and little bit of changes here and there will make wonders
Contact form could have been better....you could go for a standard from with message included in it....make the width of chat, phone blocks etc 3/4 of the width of the website and include contact from in the remaining 1/4 width...Now the contact form goes unnoticeable...Just a suggestion
kangshao — 2012-02-07T04:38:18-05:00 — #14
However, there is a little confusion over the navigation links that appears after your top banner. Nice looking though, hence you may consider adjusting position of links to differentiate one from another.
Your contact on the top is over-sighted. Make it prominent to encourage your visitors to reach you more effectively.
efashionclothing — 2012-02-08T05:25:52-05:00 — #15
You got nice design for your web site... using video on home page it is still faster loading
technobear — 2012-02-09T12:47:14-05:00 — #16
tatar — 2012-02-09T16:39:36-05:00 — #17
Hey, just saw your site and was very intrigued by it. You simply did not hesitate to break some rules. But it brings some problems along with it. Here's my breakdown:
- I really liked the color and the imagery on the slider, however the slider is really too fast.
- Font treatment is nice, but lacks weight, almost everything is at the same weight, would love to see some bold fonts here.
- Navigation can be much, much more cooler. The effect is nice, but the text treatment on the nav is just so simple that it's hurting the user experience.
- "Cbil360 - Website Design Company" That ribbon effect, however cool and good looking is just too much there. I would suggest moving it downwards.
- Contact Form. It is great that you have the balls to try this, but sometimes conventions are simply better. I'm saying this because a side by side form is a really hard thing to grasp as a user, and since you don't have much space there, it seems cluttered to me.
- Instead you can move it to the contact page and replace that over-lengthy form on your contact page. Do you really need their phone number? Aren't you going to email them first anyways? And do theyou really need to select a department? Maybe they don't know which category they want? Or maybe what they want involves multiple departments? You really don't need that.
- And by doing so, you can add a "Request a Quote" call to action on that recently emptied up space on the homepage.
- "Independant Account Executive Program" this just looks like an ad, but it isn't, and the contents are quite nice actually. By placing it at the top, you're simple killing it, and cluttering up the header at the same time. I would highly recommend presenting this as a different section in the content down below.
Hope it's not too heavy, first time commenter =]
robie — 2012-02-10T05:50:57-05:00 — #18
It's too complex to me
I'm confuse about the navigation
Too many type of fonts
Point is....I'm confuse
Where should I go ??
cheap_websites — 2012-02-12T07:22:34-05:00 — #19
Being an webdesign company you should first give importance to your sites design which is not so attractive. Try changing the template.
jburnsep — 2012-02-12T09:23:25-05:00 — #20
I was immediately lost also, need to simplify!
next page →