Please suggest screencast software

I would really like something that allows me to create quizzes. Three I know of:

Adobe Presenter: I don’t understand the pricing, but I think it’s pretty high. Also, I know Adobe loves Flash, but mobile devices often do not.
ActivePresenter: Seems to be poorly reviewed
Camtasia: might work

I also like Wink and XVidCap for the price (free) and because they work in Linux, but I think both projects have been abandoned since 2008.

I could probably do without something that creates quizzes, if the price is right.

Any suggestions?

For screencast software, I’ve always used CamStudio. It’s free, but it will probably take some tweaking to get things set up the way you want them.

I’m not sure what you mean by creating quizzes. Screencasting software records what appears on your screen.

If you want to create quizzes, you might want to look at audience response software.

Yeah, you really need to say more about what you are trying to do, as no one would have suggested screencast software unless you had mentioned it yourself. Screencast software creates a video, which isn’t really a quiz-like environment. We recently had a thread that used JavaScript and <canvas> for a nice, interactive quiz that allowed people to drag boxes into locations to complete the quiz.

Lightscreen is a free software . if you are a windows user then use the Print/Screen in the keyborad will take image

1.AviScreen - As the name would imply, this capture program records the video into AVI files, but can also do BMP photos. It’s Windows only and does not record audio.
2.CamStudio org - An open source program for capturing your on-screen video and audio as AVI files. Windows only, and absolutely free.
3.Copernicus - A free program for Macs that focuses heavily on making quick and speedy films by recording the video to your RAM for quicker access. Does not include any support for audio.
4.JingProject.com - Beyond recording video, Jing allows you to take a picture of any portion fo your desktop, draw on it, add a message, and immediately upload your media to a free hosting account. You are then given a small URL that you can give to whomever needs to see the image or video. Works with Macs and Windows machines.
5.Screencast-O-Matic.com - A Java-based screencasting tool that requires no downloads and will allow you to automatically upload to hosting. According to their site it works well with Macs and Windows machines, but does have some issues with Linux.