Plugins and Tools for Better WordPress Typography

Originally published at: http://www.sitepoint.com/better-wordpress-typography/

In today’s increasingly visual culture, typography is more important than ever. We are more mindful of the impact that visual design creates than ever before. In large part, this is thanks to such things as Gary Hustwit’s documentary Helvetica (that investigates how fonts affect our everyday lives), frequent campaigns to ‘Ban Comic Sans’, and the recent award of a MacArthur genius grant to type designer Matthew Carter.

But all too often, particularly in web design, one is met with a blank look as to why anyone would bother about such things. This can be particularly true of WordPress, where themes come ready-to-go with fonts and typography already set. This is not to say that WordPress theme designers and developers have not already considered typography. I’m 100% sure they have. It’s just that they haven’t been able to design theme typography specifically for your content, for your words. And, at the end of the day, that’s exactly what typography is all about. So, I’ve put together some handy plugins and tools that can bring your typography to life, and make your WordPress website stand out for all the right reasons.

Typography Explained

Before I launch straight into typography tools and plugins, I thought it might be worthwhile taking a quick look at common typography terms and definitions.

Continue reading this article on SitePoint
3 Likes

Is there any seo effect for using special font in the the blog post or in the article writing?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.