Poll is Closed: Winner- Crazybanana!

Seems everybody is pretty busy these days, so lets cut to the chase! This month’s photo challenge lets see your photos of things that you might chase or that might chase you!

At the end of the month, we’ll attach a one-week poll to this thread. The photographer that gets the most votes in the poll will be awarded with a free SitePoint eBook of his or her choice. In case of a tie, the winner will be decided by the content team.

I don’t know about “chase” but you’d certainly run to catch it:

Taken at Canary Wharf tube station late at night.

:lol:
Nice find. I’ve been thinking, but it’s not easy to take a picture of “things that you might chase or that might chase you”.

A perfect example! Other examples of something you chase … a rainbow, a bus, something the wind catches, a ball you have missed catching. Things that might chase you… a dog, a car (if you are a car racer), a bicycler. Just remember, if you post a picture of a person, you must have their permission or that person must be not identifiable.

[FONT=Verdana]One of the definitions of chase, according to Webster’s, is “to pursue eagerly”, so I think these qualify. :slight_smile:

Rupert is a wild seal living in the bay, which has successfully trained humans to catch fish for it. :wink: When a boat arrives in the harbour, Rupert “pursues eagerly”, to see what today’s catch might bring. (Rupert is the name the local fishermen gave the seal, before they realised it’s a female.)

Anyway, here’s Rupert coming to see what we caught:

gratefully accepting Gerry’s fish:

and “eagerly pursuing” the part of the catch the humans were intending to hang on to. :eek:
[/FONT]

Absolutely stunning and charming. What a privilege it would be to live so near to such an engaging creature!

Lovely pictures TechnoBear!
Did you teach her to do some tricks? :smiley:

[FONT=Verdana]

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Nah - she seems to be the one who’s taught the humans to do tricks. She swims alongside and they all start throwing her fish. :lol: Smart seal - why bother fishing when you can send the humans to do it for you?[/FONT]

I think I have both sides covered here - most people chase and most people are chased by!

Had to do a bit of “money laundering” on the coins as they were very tarnished.

‘cut to the chase’

the model is Andrea Duncan, model mayhem #1169493
I have an image release

In my case that covers the “that might chase you” part PrimeLens :lol:

[FONT=Verdana]The tide - depending on circumstances, you may chase it, or it may chase you. :slight_smile:

[/FONT]

Good one.
By the way, in the Meditteranean there is (almost) no tide, so no chasing here :wink:

That’s interesting - I didn’t know that. We definitely get tides here, and when they’re wind-driven like today, they can move faster than you expect. The chase is on. :lol:

heh heh … and the wine glass might be her chaser !

Here we go…

@John_Betong ; was this a case of road range or did you just admire the green coat? :lol:

No road rage and I am not keen on green - only struggling to find a suitable entry for this month’s competition

I took the photos while riding pillion on a motorcycle taxi.

Quite hair-raising and definitely not to be recommended :slight_smile:

struggling to find a suitable entry for this month’s competitio
:smiley:

I did not know about Motorbike taxis.

Actually, sounds like fun to me! :smiley: