Poll is Closed: Winner- Crazybanana!

I don’t know about anyone else here but I can say that I’ve chased sunsets far too often (with an SLR) and had only mediocre results. Weather is unpredictable like that. On the odd occasion there’s a fantastic display and you find yourself with just your phone. C’est la vie :slight_smile:

p.s this was captured with instagram.

Yes here is an abundance of small average 125cc licenced motorcyles, on all the streets, outside shopping malls, stations, large public places, etc. They are easily recognised with the orange vests, all ready to take you and maybe one or two passengers, shopping, luggage, etc to wherever you wish to go.

Fares are very cheap at about one USD dollar for a couple of kilometres. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_taxi

The problem was having to use two hands to switch on the camera and meanwhile loose concentration on the moving traffic. Fingers crossed and hoping no sudden movements would occur which would have had me thrown onto the road, again. …I already have the Tshirts complete with holes worn by tarmac abrasion.

That is lovely Andy! What city is it in?

That’s Cardiff, in the Bay …which is Wales, UK for those not in the know :slight_smile: It’s a great place now, much redeveloped from the docklands it once was. The Dr Who series filming is based there now, there’s even a murial wall dedicated to one of the ‘bumped off’ characters from the show.

The Northern lights… this time of year its been chased by people from all over the world.

Just one word: wow! :slight_smile:

T[FONT=Verdana]hat is amazing. I’ve seen them just once, but without the glorious colours. (Apparently, we’re too far south for that.) It was still a spectacular sight.

[/FONT]

How about a wild goose chase? These are barnacle geese wintering on Lochindaal.

Wow! So sorry! Forgot to announce the winner of this poll. It goes to Crazybanana’s Northern lights photo. Congratulations @Crazybanana ;!