POLL is ON! Please VOTE! August Photo Challenge:Slight change!

This month we’re making a slight change in our photo challenge.

We have been so impressed with your participation that we have decided to end each challenge with a poll. The poll will be added to the challenge threads at the end of each month and be open the first week of the next month. The photographer that gets the most votes in the poll will be awarded with a free SitePoint eBook of his or her choice.

In case of a tie, the winner will be decided by the content team.

Because we are making this slight change in the challenge, we thought we’d kick it off with a “slight change” challenge.

Please post your photos of things that will or have changed over time. Please – no photos of people.

You mean something like this?

That tower wasn’t built pending you know :smiley:

Cracking picture, @guido2004. :slight_smile: Slightly younger, but not nearly as well preserved, is the mediaeval chapel and cross at Kilnave, Islay.

@TechnoBear; nice picture. Sinister atmosphere, at nightfall the zombies might crawl out of their graves… :smiley:

:lol: Don’t worry - the only zombies we get round here are those that have over-indulged in the local produce. :wink:

Are you sure? :stuck_out_tongue:

[FONT=Verdana]There are more changes to this than you might think at first. The candle’s made of soy wax, so it started out as a handful of beans. :slight_smile:

[/FONT]

These photos are of Bailey our Airedale Terrier, first as a puppy and now at four years old. I find it interesting that Airedale Terriers are born black except for paws and belly. As they mature, the black on their faces and legs turns “blond” (looks like orange to me, but they call it blond) and they are left with a black saddle.

By the way TechnoBear… Love your candle photo and the moss covered chapel.

Some interesting stuff above.

Nice one Linda. If only our pets would stay little and small forever! :cool:
Nice one too TB. I would’ve put some soy beans around it, for effect. :wink:

Now, I want to give back to the community as mush as the next guy. So this is an occasion for me to share some of my life experience, and hopefully, youth today will learn something from it.

When I was just a boy, on our street there were plenty of other kids to play with.

And come spring, we all would go out and ride bearing wheel carts, and use matchsticks heads to make noise from our home made crackers from car injectors.

Apart from that, in our summer vacation, we would go to the local pond to cool off and swim. Near that pond there were many orchards of apples and pears and cherry and sour cherry and plums.

And sometimes, a bad apple may spoil the bunch, as we all know it. Someone would come up with the idea to raid those orchards.

And this is where it gets interesting. We never had a solid planning and we often would end up eating unripe fruits. Sure, we were young and we would eat anything. But given that we had planned those raids better, we would’ve always gotten to enjoy ripen and mind blowing tasting fruits.

So kids, a little piece of advice. Plan your raids better!

Someone up for a sour cherry raid? Oh, no! You should’ve planned this one better. It’s all gone now…

@itmitică ; very nice photos! Orchards certainly do change over time! :slight_smile:

Here’s a picture of something that changes (rapidly) over time.

OMG … it was full half an hour ago! :eek:

Actually, if that is wine, it does change over time as it ages. However, in the case of your bottle, I don’t think it will get much older! :lol:

But it appears slowly to be tilting over, like the leaning tower of pizza … :shifty:

A couple taken today between the thunder storms - the catapillar is nothing to do with the butterfly; at first I thought it was some strange fungi.

[ot]

I’ve met that butterfly. He’s a real fun guy. :slight_smile: [/ot]

Are you sure it’s the bottle?

Yes, Linda, orchards certainly change, and today, they certainly are nothing compared to the times when I was just a kid. And fresh fruits too.

Not that apples are not good in any season. Have you ever tried picking up and eating leftover frozen apples from the trees in the winter? They’re delicious.

Sensational photos Rubble! I really like them. :cool:

What a strange effect, Ralph. Usually, the effect it’s not tangential but double parallel…? :lol:

Thanks itmitică; I was out trying a neighbours lens.

Off Topic:

Agreed. I’m wondering if it isn’t @ralph_m ; that is slight tipsy? :lol:

I’d say it passed the test :wink:
The picture of the caterpillar is amazing.