POLL is ON! Please VOTE! August Photo Challenge:Slight change!

I was stunned by these ice branches, the temperature must have warmed up a bit for the snow to melt then dropped quickly for the water to freeze along the tiny branches.

They glistened in the morning sunlight but would not last long

edit: 55mm at f2.8 on a canon 17-55/2.8 efs

Wow PrimeLens, that’s beautiful. :slight_smile:

Thank you Ralph

This is my favourite which has certainly changed over time.

The photo was taken early last year and I will try and call round this week for an update.

Love it and I want one! I don’t imagine it came with the rust, did it?

[FONT=Verdana]I think this is fairly self-explanatory. :slight_smile:

• = [/FONT]

I do not know why but there was an old english film ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Old_Dark_House_(1963_film) ) where a lady was killed with knitting needles through her throat and that scene jumped into my mind as soon as I looked at your photos!

:eek: I’ve never heard of that film, but I must look out for it - anything with Joyce Grenfell in it should be good. :slight_smile: (I once got a knitting needle lodged behind my kneecap - not a pleasant experience. :nono:)

Ouch. I’ve now got a very weird picture in my mind of how you go about your knitting.

Unfortunately I returned and it was not there :frowning:

This morning while on my travels I stumbled across this and thought you may accept this as a substitute…

…guaranteed not to rust :slight_smile:

[FONT=Verdana][ot]

I could explain how it happened (all too easily :(), but your mental picture is probably more interesting. :lol:[/ot]
[/FONT]

Seems to have the wheels (at least one tire) but not very mobile I’m afraid. I am looking for something I can cart my computer around on when I become a bag lady. :smiley:

For @ParkinT :wink: - these were taken 10 minutes apart this afternoon:

That is awesome! It strikes very close to home, since my wife is an avid Knitter and a Spinner.
Are those YOUR sheep? She is always in the market for roving.

I LOVE CLOUDS!!

Thanks for the thoughtful post, Bear.

[FONT=Verdana]

Thank you. :slight_smile:

'Fraid not. Just some sheep in a field up the road that I used for purposes of illustration only. :lol: They’re not even the right breed - the jersey is knitted in pure Merino wool, but we don’t have any of those here. :slight_smile:

Glad you liked the clouds.
[/FONT]

The landscape would and has changed over time

Voted :slight_smile:

Had my say and voted … thanks for the opportunity :slight_smile:

Voted - it was not an easy choice.

Great competition with some really good entries.