Position of the Tapatalk Notifier Ad

It might just be me, but I’ve got zero desire to use the Tapatalk notifier. Yet it keeps reminding me when I come to the home page of the forum. I can get past that though. What I can’t quite get past is it is positioned to wipe out some of the key stuff I pop into the forum for – like checking if I’ve got new notifications. Would it be possible to bump it down ~25px so it lands in the whitespace below the top-right toolbar?

Let’s see if @HAWK; can pass this on to someone?

It’s native to the Tapatalk app but I’ll talk to the devs and see what they can do :slight_smile:

Do you mean this is happening on your mobile? On my iPhone, there are Notification settings, which I have turned off for most apps, so this might be an option for you too. I’ve not seen anything like what you describe while using Tapatalk on my phone—but I might be missing the point here. :slight_smile:

Edit:

Just checked the iPhone settings, and indeed, under Notifications, I have the various notification options for Tapatalk turned off.

Nope, desktop chrome (they are flogging their chrome plugin) as well as mobile Safari and Chrome on the iPad.

Oh good. Someone else saw it show up on the desktop version of chrome too. I thought I dreamt that last week…

Hm, I use Chrome and have never seen it, but I do have a user stylesheet with some things hidden, so that must have been caught in the net.

It was strange, I’ve only seen it once and haven’t seen it since, so it could have been a fluke from Tapatalk, though it did link to a Chrome extension.

O my! I’ve just seen it for the first time. This place is haunted! :lol:

Open the forums in an incognito tab - you’ll see it every time.

I don’t know what that means. I open pages in tabs all day long, but have only seen the message fleetingly, just once, yesterday.

In Chrome File > ew Incognito Window (or on a Mac it’s cmd + shift + n)

Cool, thanks. I’d never heard of that before. :slight_smile:

It’s great for testing - you can be logged into the forums as different accounts (or not logged in) at the same time. It also allows you to browse without history.