Positioning Images on Stats Page

I am trying to create “Small-Business Statistics” web page.

The page will contain several graphs, charts, spreadsheets, diagrams, etc. to provide a “dashboard” of sorts on small-business concerns.

My plan is create the graphs/charts/diagrams in something like OpenOffice Calc and then take a screen-shot of each, and then place them in the web page.

The effect I’m going after is similar to how the USA Today print newspaper used to look in its hey-day.

With this being said…

What is the best way to position images so they are located exactly where I want?

If the page was a newspaper article - with only one supporting picture - then I would just use a Float. But since the entire web page is images - and their spacing and relationship to each other is crucial - I’m thinking using Floats may not be enough?! :-/

At the same time, I don’t want to use fixed positioning, because that will mess up my otherwise Max-Min Fluid website design.

Any ideas?! :confused:

Debbie

Sorry Debbie I’m not familiar with that site so would need another example of what you are trying to accomplish or a drawing of sorts.

What is the best way to position images so they are located exactly where I want?

That will depend on my first question and the dynamics between the text and the images and of course the min-max page.

It is most likely that you will need floats in a fluid page but that does mean positional changes as the text reflows upon resize. I can’t envisage that absolute positioning would be of use here in a fluid layout but without an example to work with and play with it’s a bit of a second guess.

If you can mock up a drawing or a rough html example then we will have a better idea of which way to proceed.