Possible to start an anonymous blog?

If I wanted to create a blog on a controversial topic that is sure to generate a lot of, well… controversy, is it possible to do so anonymously, i.e. no one knows who owns or runs the blog? If so, what is the best way to accomplish this?

Can someone find your identification from the account id of your various ads such as adsense, amazon or clickbank? Can one run a “reverse lookup”. I bet if you did a google alert with a character string of someones id code you could reverse lookup? :slight_smile:

Also there is the issue if the domain is an “add-on” domain because I believe the parent domain of the Hostgator (or similiar) host can be determined. If that website is id free then fine. But if not!

I am examining affiliate marketing and many seem to advocate generating sites in areas one does not even know about with various software. I would not want my id known in these fast sites because in other sites I care strongly about my material and list my name. I don’t want to taint my “brand” as novice as it is.

Thus even if the site were not in a controversial area if I was just writing it to generate affiliate income and it was not a “heart vested” site I would want to also be anonymous!

have you tried Mofuse? Mofuse lets you instantly create mobile version for any blog or RSS-enabled website. You can use it to create mini mobile websites using only RSS feeds. or you can set up mobile version for your blogs.

I agree. Plus there’s a lot you can do to protect yourself from exposing important information about your identity. Be smart and go step on some toes! :wink:

Yes you can. You need the following:

• Domain with WhoisGuard
  • Anonymous Dedicated server/Home server
  • Lots (1000s) of fake (real) emails.
  • A lot of private proxies

and yous some add-ons or software to hide your ip address, they might cost so do a research and find if you can get something cheap or a browser based add-on.

it is quite simple… start a new blog with a different email address and give different details about yourself… and while posting stuff to your blog don’t accidentally include any info which will identify you.

Yep, this is good way.
maybe still someone can look the IP from the poster. But i think the only man can do it is the people who works for the hoster(blogger or wordpress)
Don’t worry, you will be still unknown from the reader

just the host should be able to do this. but if you’re so concerned, you’d be using a proxy.

Everyone has their right of opinion, I dont think you need to hide.

Get an account at Blogger or Wordpress.com with a fake email account - but not those one-time email accounts.

Really depends on what you intend to do with the traffic. If you will not post any ads then a Wordpress.com blog is a good choice. If you gonna put ads then blogger is for you.

That’s it? Sounds too easy… I don’t need to own the blog myself and host it on a server with a company like PRQ out of Sweden?

Or you could register a domain name anonymously with someone like Katz and then get some anonymous offshore hosting. Google these terms and you will see a whole host of sites offering anonymity.

as long as you don’t need any of that fancy stuff for which you need to pay (own domain name, ads - to name just two), you’re fine with blogger or wordpress.com