PowerDirector, making video effects

Ready to start doing vids, for YouTube and to post onsite, etc. I’ve narrowed it down to PowerDirector.

Is version 10 much of an upgrade over 9? They appear to be priced pretty much the same.

Haven’t heard much about Corel VideoStudio Pro X4 Ultimate.

Are these two comparable?

Looking to do mainly text, text effects, transitions, audio. There might be recorded video.

I have seen an example of PowerDirector where an animated title bar effect Obviously unintended.

Is if possible to make embedded links with these that might transfer over to YouTube, etc?

Off Topic:

Okay camera guys: I have moved this post to this forum since Video is visual. I’m hoping your good-eyes will find some good answers.

I’m not familiar with those particular applications as I’m a premiere/after-effects/vegas user primarily, but an additional option might be the sony movie studio range of applications (cut down from vegas pro) and adobe premiere elements (similarly). If in the future you want to go further with video production, then these will provide a stepping stone to applications that are at a more advanced professional level.

Like EastCoast, I use Adobe Premiere, Camtasia or Pinnacle (because it comes with my TV card basically) so I can’t really compare with those softwares by personal experience.

For Corel Studio Pro, I found the matrix that compares their latest version with others corel studio, still it may help when comparing with other products

If you compare PowerDirector with Corel Studio, they look more or less the same and the number of effects are probably very similar since both of them say that they have over 100 of them.

Regarding embeding links… I suspect that you will be able to do so since PowerDirector claims that you can create videos specifically for youtube (among others) and Corel says that they support HTML5 (this doesn’t mean exactly that you can do it, but it would be silly if you couldn’t have your own link in your video when it is obvious that the software is design for internet movie creation).

I suspect that there are no many differences between them…not even the price! :lol:

Much appreciate that link molona and the advice from all.

Played around with Windows Movie Maker last night and while its free, and provides basic stuff, will be needing more effects all the way around.

I found it too basic too, long time ago. I do remember that I installed a video editing software in my Linux machine and was surprised how easy to use it was… and it was quite complete and had lots of options. It was free… but then I formatted the hard drive to install Windows (which has always to be the primary OS) and I couldn’t remember the name of this software :frowning:

Aaaah! Life is sooo cruel :stuck_out_tongue:

Search for Windows movie maker plugins etc. you can get alsorts of extra effects.

Okay would it be safe to say that PowerDirector & Corel VideoStudio offer quite a bit more than Windows Movie Maker given its plugins?

I use Particle Illusion, it’s great for effect like explosions, slowmotion etc.