PPC for new website

Does PPC work good for a new website ? Does it has any long term effects if we switch back to organic search results after getting enough traffic on the website or there will be a huge drop-off in online traffic ?

PPC works in exactly the same way for any site, regardless of whether or not it is new.

Whether it is a good move in your case is another question. That will depend on how well you implement your campaign, how good you are at converting visitors to customers, what your budget is, and what your gross margin is. Since nobody here except you has that information, you can’t expect to get useful answers.

As for whether there will be a “huge” drop in traffic when you finish your campaign, that clearly depends on how successful the campaign is. Again, nobody here can be expected to know the answer to that.

Clearly, you need to do some projections - not least a profit & loss and cash flow forecast. In fact, this should really be part of your business plan. If you don’t know how to do that, hire someone who does. But don’t rely on advice from people in forums who don’t know anything about your business.

Mike

I do not know whether I target the wrong persons, but i have to say the PPC doesn’t help my website much…but worth trying, anyway, it is a general promoting way

PPC is work well for old and for new websites. But of course, in most cases when you switch off your adwords campaigns - you will lose most part of traffic.

People will forget about your website quite fast if they can not find you on search engines or will not see other advertising.

Or you have to think how to build close relationship with visitors, encourage them to subscribe your newsletter, make sign up, like/tweet/plus your page. Later you can communicate with them via emails, social networks.

The value of your PPC campaign will be dependent upon your own judgement in choosing keywords, writing ads, bidding, and converting the leads.

Before starting a PPC campaign, you should at least estimate what you think each lead is worth and make realistic estimates on your own and your site’s conversion percentage.

i think you should not get ppc visits to your site. because google will highlight it as a unusual traffic. this may be a problem to your page rank. just try making facebook fan page. and also other social networks.

That seems highly unlikely. Google depends on PPC for the bulk of its income. Do you really think they would downgrade a site in their search results because of PPC? As for making fan pages and the like, that might well have some value, but when it comes to driving targeted traffic to your site, there’s no comparison with a properly planned and executed PPC campaign.

Mike

you should read google seo starter guide

Do you mean this one? As far as I can see, it doesn’t mention PPC at all. Which part are you referring to?

Which part? We’re not going to get anywhere in this discussion unless you explain which part you think is relevant.

This page, which is entitled Webmaster Guidelines, also makes no mention of PPC, so you’ll need to provide a link to the page you’re referring to.

I think that a smart campaign could help you. I’m planning on starting few campaigns myself for a new site and an established one and hope to get some good results.

i am sorry. they all about backlinks i remembered. i think ppc is okay. i made a mistake. you can see this. https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356

Yes, you’re right. Paying for backlinks is a different matter altogether, and not something you should do.

I don’t like make money from PPC, although that’s first method i use to make money online.

okay. what is the method you using to make oney?

Yes PPC work for a new website. For new website, obviously you will have less no. of visitors so PPC experts also observe the things. After that they will place your website in Ads. So try to drive a traffic to your website. PPC will also work betetr for your website.Hope i help you

This thread is not about making money with PPC. It’s about using PPC to get visitors to your site (in other words, it’s about spending money).

Mike

I really prefer PPV insted of PPC but ppc still works as long as you keep testing

Yes! PPC (I am speaking to my experiences w/ Google Adwords only) is a fantastic way to start traffic flowing. It is also a big undertaking and if managed well can be the most effective and measurable sources of traffic.
There is much to consider though…
What is your metric for determining the value of the traffic? You need to have this decided from the start. If your site sells a product can you directly track sales, or if it a service track leads generated , or ???
You need to start with a budget, and then figure out if you can perform in the keywords you’ve chosen. If your budget is $500 a month then buying keywords with CPCs of $10 won’t get you too far.

Dont forget to try writing several ads. If you can maximize an ad that pulls clicks you will pay less per click & have better positioning then the next guy.