Ppc

I know that PPC stands for pay per click. But i want to know about its role and use in internet marketing.

Robert,

There could be many different opinions on this but from my point of view, PPC is a traditional form of interruptive advertising that is in digital form. The cousin of the print ad or billboard. I think its role is to be another tool in an internet marketer’s array that has its strengths and weaknesses. For example it works really well for driving traffic to a website fast and being present in places where users are not searching, using social media or checking email. On the other hand it can be expensive and intrusive.

Here is a pretty good post on the role of PPC (among other tactics),

Best,

Shawn

PPC is the combination of marketing skills and analytic skills. Again, the marketing skills are necessary for writing the paid ads – knowing how to write ads that will entice people to click on the ads, and delivering landing pages that will sell the product or services. The marketing skills also include the ability to test the campaigns. PPC campaigns can be very costly if the wrong keywords are being used. If visitors are clicking on high priced keywords, but the visitors rarely convert to customers – this can be very expensive. One benefit of PPC, is the capability of running keyword tests quickly to assess the optimal keywords for the campaign. The analytic skills are essential to the testing and evaluating the success of the campaign and knowing what to change to maintain a successful campaign.

this might help you…

PPC is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to websites, in which advertisers pay the publisher (typically a website owner) when the ad is clicked. It is defined simply as “the amount spent to get an advertisement clicked.”

PPC can be one of the most cost effective forms of online marketing. It works simply by allowing the advertiser to only pay for clicks that are relevant to the keywords and phrases the advertiser is bidding on and the search engine user is utilizing. When you stop paying for or bidding on key phrases the ads come down. When you bid higher than your competitors and optimize your account for the highest possible quality score, then your ads go and stay up as high as possible.

Placing ads on search engine pages, google give you google ads for pay per click and also other sites. They will allow you to place your site ad with a click back to your site, when someone click it you will be charge with money and in exchange your site traffic will increase.

PPC(pay per click )PPC is an Internet marketing formula used to price online advertisements.

Sorry, but this is far too vague a question, and as you can see from the answers you’ve received, a simple search would have sufficed to answer the question. Please search (both the forums and via your favorite search engine), and if you’ve still got SPECIFIC questions, please feel free to repost.

In the meantime, THREAD CLOSED.