Pre Approved Payment

Hi, i am integrating PayPal Pre-Approved Payments into my website and i am struggling to find an answer to a query i have.

My users can make donations (pre approved pledges) to various Charity events, such as running a marathon. IF the marathon is ran, the API makes a call to processes all of the Pre Approved Payments (pledges), but what happens IF:

A - the donator does not have any funds in their PayPal account

B - the donator does not have any funds in their PayPal account but they have a credit card linked to their account

C - the donator does not have any funds in their PayPal account but they have a bank account linked to their account

Thanks in advance to any help you can give on this…

It’s a while since I dealt with paypal API, but I think you only need to worry about (A) and I don’t think there’s much you can do about that.

The other 2 scenarios should prove successful, as there’s a link to an alternative source of payment.

Ok, so the funds simply won’t be collected… if the B and C occurred i wonder what the delay in processing the funds would be…

If the alternative source is a credit card, it should be instantaneous. If it’s a bank account, I think this can take time - not sure how long though.