Presenting multimedia content online

Hi,

I am not new to web development tho most of my job has been in the backend, like php. Now, I need some tips on bringing a multimedia site to live.

What I have is a website that offers flv,mp3/wav,powerpoint,pdf/doc,graphics files. I have folders hosting the files. Now for the graphics, I used flashgallery by reality software that scans a folder and auto creates slideshow thumbnails. The same was done for the mp3s with other tool.

Now, is there any tool out there that scans a folder and build flv videos automatically?

1. How can i view powerpoint files online without converting them to SWF or flv? Any ppt presentation tool outthere that can possibly scan folders for me and build the files? If not, just a viewer of one ppt file at a time is enough.

2. How can i just view pdf/doc online, like googe, scribed or some other web application forms? My website will be used in an intranet with no connection to internet so i can’t use google doc viewer as it is.

Any idea please?

If your computer has MS Office, MS Powerpoint/Word Viewer, OpenOffice or any other compatible package that can read .ppt and .doc files, you can open them straight from the website/intranet. If that’s a problem, your next best bet for that kind of linear document is to convert them to PDF.