Previous projects - best way to promote?

Am new to posting on this forum, but looking for some web content opinions.

We have content on our website that promote previous projects that we have worked on. My director likes to keep the name of the client first (using the H1 tag), with a description of what was done second (in the H2 tag). I personally would have the title the other way around so that the description/skill/development is highlighted as the main topic then who it was done for as secondary. I look at it as - we want to promote our experience in doing something rather than our experience with a particular company. Perhaps also helping SEO by having the development/skill as the H1 tag rather than H2. Putting company name first, to me, is an ego boost.

Any opinions on what is the best way to handle project displays like this - should the concept come before the client or vice versa? Does it matter? Interested to hear opinions.

Thanks.

Cambconsultants,

In terms of SEO, if your goal is to showcase your work and not rank the page, I wouldn’t worry too much about which words go where.

In terms of the layout, I think client, business, project works well. That’s the theme that a lot of companies that I have worked with follow. They name the business or client then they talk about what they did for them.

Note that you can rank other pages of your website for the key terms you are interested in and these pages can just showcase work. Not every page has to have keywords on it in a specific way in order for the site to rank well in search. Remember that search engines rank pages not websites.

Hope that helps,
Shawn

Thanks Shawn for the reply. It is good to hear that there is a trend for the way these are displayed.
Simon

IMO - no need to fret over this issue - why? because is that page targeted with keywords to be ranked? or is that page SEO relevant to your goals? Infact most ppl “no index” such pages because they’re not that useful (for search engine rankings). You need to focus on your core pages (business pages) and then get them to look at your work.