I've been following sitepoint and php master for a while now, but I just registered on the forums.
I'm doing research for a client and I wanted to ask if you could recommend any price comparison scripts/plugins for any open-source CMS.
- What programming language would you like the script to written in?
- What operating system will the script reside on?
- What kind of budget do you have?
Let's say 3000 USD for a complete solution (a solution that would not require any major programming work on it)
- Does it have to be open source? Or can it be proprietary?
- Can the source be encrypted?
No, custom development will be in place when the MVP is asserted and running
- What features are you specifically looking for?
The MVP is a price comparison website, that gets product feeds either from the sellers, or from a crawler service (already developed). It should allow:
- multiple sellers per product
- connecting the corresponding products across sellers (ie. when seller A and seller B both sell product C)
- used products, or products in different conditions
- seller ratigs
- product ratings
- catalogue browsing with filtering
- new sellers can sign up and provide an own product feed (which is preferred over the crawler)
- be open to major modifications, like converting the site to a marketplace where both companies and individuals can buy and sell
- Do you see any working examples of the script? Show us.
google.com/shopping (google product search)
I've been through OpenCart, CS-Cart, Magento...
So far, uMarketplace for Magento seemed the best, because they offer both the price comparison and the marketplace.
I've also tried googling for Wordpress and Joomla addons, but nothing I found seemed like a professional solution. Most are built just around the big affiliate networks (CJ, Trade Doubler, Aff. Window...).
So, anyone got a recommendation? <snip/>