Prices for high quality articles

Hold everything. I have just been through this thread and removed several explicit “I’ll do it for” or “My company charges” responses. SitePoint does allow discussions on pricing, but we don’t allow self-promotion or any sort of advertisement of products or services within our threads. Anymore of it and this thread will be closed.

I should think that the going rate for “quality” should be equal to the going rate for a freelance journalist to produce an article. Probably an hours work for an experienced professional, so I would value that at around £30-50 ($50-$80).

But, if ytou shop around no doubt you can find good quality at a cheaper price. All depends on how you find “top quality”.

The higher quality that you want, the more you may have to pay. I think $5 for 500 words is good enough.

You make it sound as though your site isn’t worth the investment?

For one of my site I pay several hundred bucks per article. This includes one of the best writers in the industry and at leasst two researchers to make sure the content is 100% correct and referenced.

Creating best of web content is the only way to compete long term and no expense should be spared. My content gives my visitors exactly what they need and it attracts links.

How quick can someone write 500 words? Less than 5 minutes? I do not know any professional copywriters that would work for less than $60 per hour. At that price I am not sure how “professional” the work will be.

Depends of course on what you are writing about. But good copy can increase conversions. Bad copy can put people off your site.

many writer offer $1 for 200 words :slight_smile:

Well you’ve just met one. I work for less than $60 an hour, but I don’t write $5.00 articles. You area right in that nobody can “write” 500 words in five minutes. Most people can’t even type 500 words in five minutes.

However, a lot of “professional” copyrighters work for very low wages because of their economic situation and/or they geographical location. The shame of it is the cheapskates that try to take advantage of them and are unwilling to pay an honest day’s pay for an honest day’s work.

YES! Everybody does not have fortune to live in a richer country, between good circumstances.

The shame of it is the cheapskates that try to take advantage of them and are unwilling to pay an honest day’s pay for an honest day’s work.

They would demand to what they would have the right according to them aloud certainly in a reverse case. They were like this always unfortunately and they will be in the future, too.

With sympathy,

Sandor

I for one am a ghost writer by trade, and my price has always been $10 minimum for 500 words. Remember that you get what you pay for. Also I do not know about you, but I consider myself worth more than $1 an hour. Which happens to be the amount of time it takes to research and produce a great piece of content that will perform well.

This $1.50 an article is ludacris!!! Have people lost their ever loving minds!!!

It all depends on the writer’s location. Some freelancers from other countries agree writing for $1 per 500-word ones but still got the best quality.

The best step would be going to freelancing sites and look for positive reviews of writers and hire the best one. :slight_smile:

It can be anything between Rs. 250 to 2000 for a one page article.

To be honest something which is quality will cost you much more than 5-7 per 500 word article.

The freelance websites work well for getting a few links in…however they are are usually chopped up articles, duplicates, and have very poor sentence structure.

Not that I’m some sort of english wizzard.

I personally don’t believe content writers should charge low, so I’ll just say that you should go for cheap if you’re not that interested in overall quality. If you want something great, though, go for the professionals who charge themselves appropriately.

I think anything under 10 you will be subbing the work overseas due to lower labor rates. The content won’t be as good because english is not their first language.

Oh gosh I do, but I see at some point I may have 100+ domains to write articles for, outsourcing is a must. In this area its important to get some bang for your buck.

Price isn’t an indication of quality though. I’m currently having a terrible time with someone who cost $150 for an article but sent me cut’n’paste stuff which, luckily, I noticed was from a textbook I had on the subject. His previous work was well written, positive reviews etc. I am struggling to get a refund (yeah, yeah stupid me paid upfront, doh) so even if you try and be good by paying a fair wage you can get screwed over. Even if I’d only paid 50% upfront I would be out by $75.

It really depends on how you get your articles for say… $1.50. If someone comes up to you and say they can write an article for $1.50, its too good to be true. Its garbage most of the time and if its not, its probably copied and paste. But if someone tells you, you can get an article from a package he is selling, then your $1.50 might have some value in it.

A lot of good quality ghostwriters are actually coming out with their own plr articles package because its more profitable that way…It just make sense to sell a product rather than a service when the market gets rotten with rediculous pricing. Just imagine 10 years ago they were saying $50.00 for an written article outsourced online was damn cheap…

if the article is what u want and no duplication troubles , i would say 5$ for 500 words is good for bothsides
however, less and less people could come out with quality and original articles --may be the prices gonna be increase

wel it s depend of article which type of article do u want the price should be like this

write English article is a hard work ,so ,how well will the writher be…I am English major, but now I have not writtern a long aricle except my graduage work.

well, English , I like it …