Pricing Question

First off, hello…I am a total newbie to this site…so please, be gentle.

My question…I have a web site I am having built, in total, it’s about 35 pages…many of those pages are products which will be sold Via PayPal. My developer has created the buttons, and placed them on the appropriate pages…and so on. I gave him full control when it came to design as well, he offered me three or four different options, and then Ii picked the one I like the most. He was responsible for all the color picking, designing my simple logo, and even coming up with some of the text required to put on the pages. I have about 40 products for sale, and approx. 100 pictures that I wanted to put on the site. These pictures were all editted by him, and he built a nice little photo gallery into the site. ’

Ii am just wondering what an average cost I should be expecting as an invoice. I realize this isn’t cheap, as we’ve been working together on this for a little over three months now…a he just does this part time. Does anyone know an average cost, just so Iknow Ii am not being taken to the cleaners when it is all said and done.

Thanks
Shamrock

Hi shamrock31. Welcome to the fourms. :slight_smile:

It’s impossible for us to suggest a reasonable price, because we don’t know where you are in the world (and prices / currencies etc. vary greatly from place to place), how much time was spent on the site, how much skill the developer has, how sophisticated the design is etc. You just have to decide whether the cost is worth what you are getting for the product, and perhaps get quotes from other such providers to get a bit of perspective on this. It’s really a bit late to be asking this question now, since the work has already been done and presumably there was some kind of cost agreement in place. The time to be asking this question (if at all) is in the early stages, when the scope of the project is being determined.

But i think you can set prices as per county wise. You have started a business and you will have information about prices of a product from all over the world. Its not that Easy but you can make it easy by your effort. I would like to suggest offer your product on Low pricing as your business is new so this penetrating pricing strategy will increase your customers and your web site will also get popular. Onces it get popular then you can charge high price.

I’m wondering why you didn’t agree a price before he started work on the project - if not a fixed price, at least an estimate and an indication of his hourly rates. Get him to stop work now and ask for a running total so far and then take it from there. Post back with the price so far and your location.