cs_geek — 2012-05-02T01:58:19-04:00 — #1
I have order kevin's new PHP book and I think there is a probem. They wrote in the site that it covers OOP and it is not!
mandes — 2012-05-02T08:31:09-04:00 — #2
If you feel that something was wrong with the advertising I guess youd be better off contacting the site directly rather than posting on these forums.
spikez — 2012-05-02T09:14:34-04:00 — #3
Moved you over to the Support forum.
@HAWK; may be able to help directly or as Mandes suggests, drop an email to HQ.
hawk — 2012-05-02T19:51:33-04:00 — #4
The book definitely contains a crash-course in OOP principles.
Here's a quick snapshot of what's covered:
- TUTORIALS: Easy-to-follow tutorials with downloadable code examples
- INSTALLATION: Instructions for PHP & MySQL on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- PHP CODING: Learning the correct PHP syntax
- DATABASE DESIGN: Mastering SQL database design
* OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING (OOP): Crash course in OOP principles
- BUILDING A CMS: Step-by-step guide to creating a CMS
- SHOPPING CARTS: Developing an e-commerce cart from scratch
- LATEST TECHNOLOGIES: Updated for Windows 7, Mac OS X Lion, and the
latest versions of PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, XAMPP, MAMP, and HTML5
Hope that helps...