aimythomas — 2012-10-23T05:20:53-04:00 — #1
I have function to send arabic notification email to employee , but when i open the email in outlook i see that the first letter of the caption (employee name) is trimed , but when i open the same email from other workstation i see the caption is complete (working fine)
ralphm — 2012-10-23T05:50:49-04:00 — #2
Hm, that's a bummer. What are you going to do?
guido2004 — 2012-10-23T05:51:14-04:00 — #3
And what has this got to do with PHP?
ralphm — 2012-10-23T05:56:20-04:00 — #4
Aimy, if you want help, you'll need to ask a question, and post some code for us to have a look at. It sounds like an HTML issue.
cpradio — 2012-10-23T06:09:02-04:00 — #5
I have a few questions
- Was the same exact e-mail sent to both computers? Meaning, the two separate e-mail addresses where in the same TO, CC or BCC statement?
- If not, did you compare the two mail() calls?
- What is the encoding set to in Outlook? I think this is under the View menu... Does setting the correct encoding solve the issue?
- Outlook also has a setting that removes "excess" characters, I don't recall where this is at, but when I get to work, I'll search for it.
- If you reply/forward the e-mail does the missing character automatically reappear?