Problem Seeing Submitted Posts

After I reply to a post, if I click the “New Posts” link in the menu my just submitted post does not appear in the list of New Posts. I’m sure it used to appear in the previous version of the SP website and I’m pretty sure it initially appeared after the website upgrade. The only way I can see if my post was actually accepted is to click the “Forums” button to see if my post appears as the latest post in a thread.

When someone else then submits another post in the thread I submitted my post in, the thread then reappears in the list of threads when I click “New Posts”.

This “feature” is happening in both FF7 and IE9.

Yes, this is a known issue and the devs are looking into it. The staff have been discussing this a lot, so hopefully it will be sorted before long. :slight_smile:

ok thanks :slight_smile:

Although the SP website might look more “flashy” after the upgrade, functionally the nett gain has been -ve from my point of view.

What happened to “If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it”:confused2

If the site can be improve, why not. I mean, everything has to be updated or upgraded or else we’ll all be stagnant.

Besides, I’m sure they are fixing the problem as I am posting this.

What are you on about? Go back and read what I said because I never said there shouldn’t be improvements.

But undeniably there were things you could on the previous version which you can’t do on the upgrade at the moment. In the fullness of time the current issues might or might not be fixed :slight_smile:

You did say that. Sorry if you think that was an attack on your post. I just commented on that post. And really, we all need to upgrade or else we’ll be all stagnant.

nup, I never said that at all.

If your interpretation is that I did, then so be it but I disagree :slight_smile:

It was ‘broke’ in a sense. Apart from anything, the old site was creating a huge load on the server that the upgrade has fixed. There are moves afoot to alter the design a bit, so stay tuned. There is a thread about ti somewhere.

I don’t know if this is of any help or not, but I notice that if I reply to a post in the “Unanswered Threads” page, the thread (with replies now set to 1) still appears in the list of threads in the “Unanswered Threads” page when I return to the page even though the thread now has a reply.

It’s doing mostly what it says but probably not what we as users are expecting…

Since you have posted a ‘reply’ it means in essence you have read it. Thus it isn’t “new” anymore hence doesn’t get listed since you are theoretically aware of its existence because it’s your post. Obviously most people would like to see their own post appearing too just for peace of mind and cross-reference.

The way that What’s New works in this version is slightly different than it was before. I believe that because you have made a post in a thread, it is treated as read by you so doesn’t show up in the list. I am currently looking into this to ensure that that is the case.

ok thanks :slight_smile: