Problem tracking links to PDFs on Google Analytics

I am new to web design and I’m guessing I missing something obvious. You may be able to put me out of my misery….

Within Google analytics, I’ve been trying to track traffic to the Pdf files attached to our website (www.ardenhotel.co.uk). For instance on the index page, I’ve tried to incorporate the code to track clicks on the fathers day tile, unfortunately to no avail.

I added the following code to the link (line 272);

onClick=”javascript: pageTracker._trackPageview(‘/pdf/sunday lunch.pdf’);”

I’ve tried all different variations of this also. I’ve read numerous blogs and Google helps but just can’t seem to get it working. I’ve gone through Google’s help pages, but if I’m honest I don’t find them particularly helpful. Can any one help please?

I don’t use Google Analytics, so I can’t help you there. Do you have AWStats on your site? (If you use cPanel to manage your site, you should have AWStats by default.) There is a section within the stats for downloads, which will tell you how many times each PDF has been downloaded. Would that be enough for your requirements?

I’ll move the thread to Internet Marketing, where you might get more assistance with Google Analytics. :slight_smile:

Thanks TechnoBear, but to the best of my knowledge we don’t have AWStats and I would probably prefer to keep all the information “under one roof” ie Google analytics. Thanks for moving the thread.