Problem with iframe and IE scrollbars

Hi all,

I have a small problem on a current project of mine where I’m using iFrames (yes I know not the best option - but for that budget it was the easiest to do)

The problem I have is that I display a site within the iframe and everytime when a vertical scrollbar if needed that stupid browser also shows the horizontal bar (left to right) although the site should fit in there without the horizontal bar without a problem.

I even made the page real small in width IE is still showing that horizontal bar when it shows the vertical one.

I got it working on a different page of mine but really don’t know how. I’ve been trying it on this for hours now and can’t figure it out.

There’s the scrolling"yes" and scroling"no" tag.
when using the the scrolling=“yes” it shows the vertical scrollbar only but also shows it when it is not needed.

Anyone got a solution?

thanks for the help

Tino

Try add the following style rule:

<body style="border:0;overflow:visible>

If you are using style sheet put the rule there and not inline as I pointed above.

maujor thanks a lot this at least fixes the horizontal scrollbar problem for FF when I use the scrolling=“yes” tag

Tino

[FONT=“Georgia”]I don’t think there’s anything you can do about that.

IE always shows the vertical scrollbar… even in the main window… look [/FONT]–>

Edit:

…make a test page and try it out, you’ll see what I mean…

[FONT=“Georgia”]I’ve come to accept this fact. I use CSS to style the scrollbars to help it not look so odd, though…

…Of course, if you’re one of those people who obsess about W3C validation then I guess this isn’t an option.[/FONT] shrug