I haven't found a clear, conclusive answer for this issue yet... A few years ago, I used the products Jing and Jing Pro to take video screen captures (in .SWF and .MP4 formats) for my portfolio of work. I'm now getting around to updating my portfolio to HTML5 (about time!), but I've had problems converting one .SWF file in particular.
I first tried using the online tool at www.flash-banner-converter.com; it produced a 16-pixel square blur and stripped out the audio. I tried the Miro converter, but it only converted the audio. I even tried playing the .SWF in Flash Player and recapturing it using SnagIt, but it only captured the opening frame.
I'm thinking that perhaps this one particular .SWF may have been encoded differently from others that I've used. Anyone have any suggestions on a good tool or technique to use? TIA!
I guess, at a pinch, you could use screen capture software like Screenflow to record it again and then save it to the appropriate formats.
Meh, I keep striking out with all the tools I try. Does anyone know if Jing used any super-secret or proprietary methods to encode their .SWFs?
I tried recapturing it off my screen, per ralph.m, but the tool only captured the first frame. Maybe if I open a virtual machine and play it from there, then capture it with a tool from the host machine...
swf files are well documented and the specification is open to all, so there's no way they can use anything that is super-secret.
It can only really be a few different things:
An encapsulated video in h263, h264 or on2 vp6 codecs
A standard swf animation of vector clips, text, and bitmaps.
It may be worth you decompiling this swf to a .fla, from which Flash will output to a video directly (30 day trial available from adobe) or from which you can extract the video object
Good info, EastCoast; thanks!
i have same problem , can any body explain thx
This topic is now closed. New replies are no longer allowed.