Problems embedding fullsize YouTube video

Hi All.

Ive recently had to create a simple website with a youtube video embedded on the homepage (www.duporth.com.au)

I thought this was a relatively simple task but actually provide quite difficult. The problems are not immediately obvious but i’ll explain.

Going to another page on the website (like the Danehill-line mares page) you will see the footer has a drop shadow bg effect. but on the homepage with the video this is hidden behind the video content.
and when you resize the homepage small the footer just gets more and more hidden.

Ive had to mess around with 100% heights to get it where it is.

Anyone else had any luck with this sort of thing?

Sorry, it’s just too … awkward to give the youtube video a height of 100%-pixel widths (you technically could but it would be a royal pain :))

Thanks. I have tried both solutions suggested above but no luck. I think i’ll just have to live with it.

Hi, why not just lowe the height of the youtube video a bit? Go into the HTML and change the height to something like 80% or so :slight_smile:
It’s very hard to find a proper solution given dynamic screen resolutions :slight_smile:

Have you tried adding a <br clear=“all”> after the video div?