Problems Replacing Background Color with Static Background Image in Responsive Design

Ronpat,

When I only applied the background link to the body, the tiled background image only showed up in the very center column around the blocks of post content. The header area was entirely white. As were the areas to the left and right when using the sidebars. These areas appear to be static and completely detached from the main body area because of the responsive design of this theme. I am not an expert in these things, so maybe you are onto something. I just know the site has a beautiful background right now. And, yes, if you look very carefully at the top of the page when you slide open the left sidebar in certain screen resolutions you can see that the background doesn’t quite match up. I’m willing to accept that even being as OCD as I am. lol If you have a solution besides taking the links out of the areas that otherwise would show up white, let me know. I wish I had gone to school for this. Unfortunately, I decided to major in English Literature and minor in Philosophy. I could have read good books and argued philosophy in my free time. :wink:

Hi, Gail,

No, I don’t have an example to point to… it’s just a nagging thought and is very possibly wrong, so don’t lose any sleep over it. I’ll put the URL to your site in my notebook. In my “spare time”, if curiosity compels me to explore that question further, and if I discover an example that bears fruit, I’ll add a post to this thread. Otherwise, I’m glad to see it working to your satisfaction and can’t believe I had such a hard time grasping the “picture” in the first place :slight_smile: .

Cheers