Problems w/ 1st php script

Forgive the newbie question, but I’m having problems running my first php script (from the book BYO Database Driven Web Site Using PHP & MySQL, 4th ed.

I’ve installed WinAmp, and finally gotten the server online. When I load localhost/today.php in Firefox, I get a very brief Download window, then tab after tab after tab of nothing. The URL in the browser address box reads file:///C:/DOCUME~1/DAVIDN~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/today-4.php.

I’ve checked, and the today.php file is in the appropriate folder (C:\wamp\www).

I know what I’m doing wrong must be simple, but the correction so far escapes me.

Thanks for your assistance.

DavidEN

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Try that script, if all is well then it should show you information about your php settings

That didn’t work either. I got a Not found error message.

I reinstalled WampServer, and noticed that I never got the WampServer home page (Figure 1.7 from the book); instead, I got the “It works!” message. When I select the Localhost menu item at the top of the WampServer menu, I get the same “It works!” message.

I checked out the help file for WampServer, but my French is not up to the task.

Thanks.