Problems with Firefox and IE

I am working on a website www.downloadpulse.com which work fine on all browsers, except on IE7 and Firefox 3.6

I’ve tested it with Chrome and it just appear fine

So any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts

Hi All,

First of all thanks a lot for your help…

Eric, I didn’t intend to be lazy and waste your time by leaving you there comparing while knowing what’s exactly wrong here…as part of my problem is that I didn’t know what’ exactly wrong here, is it a background image…is it something else?!

If the background image is the problem then why it is visible and working normally on Chrome while not visible on IE and Firefox 3.6?!

As of re-saving the image, re-uploading…etc I’ve tried all those steps nothing worked…I’ve even tried to re-build the theme from scratch again and it didn’t work :frowning:

So any suggestions?

Ryan, how I can know if a CSS is valid or invalid?

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts

Whats broke? Why is it our job to compare and figure that out?

Eric it seems that it’s the background image from the body that is missing.

This one:

http://www.downloadpulse.com/wp-content/themes/dp2010/images/bg.jpg

For some reason Firefox or IE won’t show that as a background image even when I test it on a stand alone page. I’d suggest re-saving the image again in case it was corrupted and use anther name.

I have to go out now so hopefully someone else will come along and help :slight_smile:

Hi, I don’t know what’s broken besides the image not showing up that was placed on <body>

That’s probably because of your CSS/HTML is invalid :slight_smile:

Regarding CSS, I’ve found one minor error in it, fixed it and validate it using: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ and it show with no errors

yet the background image problem still exist

Try using an absolute URI to the image.

If not then try just creating an image, just a small one with a solid background and see if it appears.

This is strange :).

Try again re-save the image making sure it is not saved as “progressive” jpeg.

The problem is most likely something to with the image because as I said in my first post I created my own local page and used my own code and linked to the image and it would not show when used as a background image (it would show as a foreground image though).

Try Erik’s suggestion above.