Problems with Safari image scaling

Hi

Images in Safari are not scaling as they do in other browsers, rendering an execessive height.

I’m also having problems with IE9 and Safari on a media query at 800px where the #footer is taken out with display:none and it stays. The other browsers are ok.
http://pintotours.net/Work/MYTEST/bali.php
Any help on this will be muxh appreciated.

Thanks you

Safari Windows?

As far as the media query, I do believe that if I counted right, you haven’t closed off your previous media query bracket so you are essentially attempting to nest media queries.

Now, that was silly… (of me)

Any ideas on the images?

Thanks

^^

Two carets? Secret code? I’m befufddled

Or does it mean “Open your eyes!”

???

You have a few options as to your answer.

Safari on Mobile → Then tell me what device.
Safari for Windows platform.
Safari for Mac.
??? (possible 4th that you have?)

Are you saying that Safari does not cope with scaling images, or that I need to code for different devices?

it seems to work ok in other pages like http://pintotours.net/Europe/Spain/sightsBcn.html

I just need to know what platform you are using for Safari. Simple as that. There are no hidden questions, statements, or answers in what I am saying.

I fit depends on my own system here itt’s Windows (7)

Safari for Windows has been discontinued for years and should not be developed for.

</thread>

But if I want to…

is there a solution? I works in othe rof my pages; why not this one? I expect I made a mistake somewhere (as usual!)

Besides, I have no idea if the pag eis going to be seen by a mobile, a Mac, or whatever

The last version of Safari that was released, for Windows, was 3 years ago. I’m sorry but I’m not going to spend my time helping support that ancient browser :slight_smile: . Perhaps Paul or someone else will step in. I have morals!

That being said, I did load up my Safari browser (WIN7) and I did not see any differently sized images.

Safari for Windows is completely separate than mac/mobile. Surely you realize this? Those have upgraded versions and much better support. Have you looked at your page in mac/mobile?

Please look at the browser usage reports you are getting for Safari Windows. I’d bet it’s under 1%, if not close to 0 (you have some viewers because of you/me.)

You’re getting me confused! I am not developing for me to view it in my Windows7. I am developing for the WWW and 50% of them are on mobile. If you are saying that I cannot see ahat I am doing on a Windowsd platform is another thing, but the fact is that many of my pages have this sort of scaling (courtesy of Paul…) and they work fine. I can onlu assume I keft something out but have played with percentages for height (missing) and it gets eveb worse!

Here’s a screen shot of what I see when I reduce the img which is originaly 200x150 (now it seems to be the other way round)

You do not seem to understand me.

Uninstall Safari for Windows. If you are going to test in Safari, do so via a mac or mobile. The windows view of Safari will lie to you and noone uses Safari for Windows. The last version of Safari that was released was 3 years ago. That means 3 years of browser support and development is not there. Obviously this can cause poor results when viewing in browsers.

I do not know how else to explain it. The view you get in Mac apposed to Windows will be different since the versions are far apart as to what has been supported.

Paul will tell you the same thing. Test in a Mac/Mobile, see if the issue is actually still there, and if so then we can tackle it from there. Your view from Windows Safari does nothing except me telling you to uninstall it.

The fact that you only see it in Safari further leads me to believe it’s just Safari Windows acting up since it’s an ancient browser.

Well, Xmas is still a long way off and all I have is apoor Windows. Not even a mobile…

So, to summarize: you have something else there, full screen, that is not Windows. Could you do me afavour and see if using Safari (on Mac, or whatever) the mages of the hotels scale down porperly?

Thanks Ryan.

PS . sorry about all the spellin mistakes. The tect in the editing section is very small and I dom’t see too well.

Same; well I don’t like Mac so I’d never own one.

Browserstack.com is great and cheap. You also get a free trial period.

The images are getting smaller (updating) as I narrow the browser view. I assume that is what you want? And what Windows Safari was NOT doing?

Tested on a Mac via Browserstack.

Great!

I’ll sleep sound tonight!

That’s all for today!

Many thanks

Cheers

Figured it was just the ancient Safari acting up. Glad it turned out to be a non-issue :slight_smile: .

Imagine if it had been, We would have missed this record: only 19 posts (so far…)