Project Management Software

Will there ever be an operational solution to project management? I am looking for a viable solution that can last for the next 2-3 years without any recurring cost…?

Which software are you using at the moment? And since you’ve asked for operational management - you’re into web or software dev? Mine is a small web development firm. We depend a lot on web-based schedule management application which keeps track of projects and the estimated timeline needed to deliver the projects.

When working on my own I use Excel (really! works like a charm for bug tracking, deadlines and feature tracking etc).

When working in a group I have used simple web forums (specifically set-up for this purpose) and red mine (not sure of cost).

I’m not quite sure what you’re asking - you’re looking for a project management tool (like HappyTodos), a to-do list tool (like Producteev), or what?
And in most cases, there are lighter free versions (for fewer users, fewer projects and so on) and SAAS paid versions, usually on a month-by-month basis.

24Seven office is one of the best project management software and online tools. It has various modules such as CRM, Accounting, Project management, content managent system, Procurement, invoicing and Calendar.