Protect your Blog - Website hacked

It’s absolutely sad to find your site hacked, it happen to me too some time ago, is just that it was not a site issue, the whole web server was hacked. I lost a lot of important data.

I am a little worried myself about how easy hackers are bringing down WP blogs.

hello friends i have gone through the entire discussion.Its really great to read such kind of informative thread and i would like to join the discussion by sharing the experience.My word-press blog and personal blog, once it was hacked and i was unable to even login to my account. After doing a lots of research and also i have read a lots of book of hacking to get the answer then i found that sometime and somehow we give the useful information to spammer and by any mean spammer compel us to enter our detail to put on their website ( it include the password ). and once hacker get the pass, your blog and website can be easily hacked. So never put useful detail or password on attractive or unknown link.

Thank you. This is a reason that I always backup my sites and I also periodically change my password, every 3 weeks or so

Web site hacking is a huge problem now. I’ve seen many sites (mostly based on open source platforms like WordPress and Joomla) hacked, and the worst of it is that often you don’t know you’ve been hacked until much later. It’s the serious hackers intention to install a backdoor to a site and use the server for other attacks or commercial gain.

Tools like the excellent Admin Tools which hardens Joomla, Akeeba Backup for Joomla, and XCloner for WordPress. It’s also worth considering tightening security with some php.ini and htaccess directives, and using a “Stop the Hacker” type service, provided by web hosts which do a daily check for hacks and malware on your site.

It happens a lot when you use cpanel to do a quickinstall of wordpress. It created the databases with a prefix of wp and the user is admin by defauly. Get backup buddy and a security plugin and back everything up!

I always backup my sites/databases daily and store it on an external every week

I also happened. The guys of server told me that a good way to avoid being hacked, is to always have updated the WordPress installation.

Have more than One admin account,Back up your Blog and changing the password regularly…if you follow these instructions u can able to protect your blog from being hacked.

This can also be one of the risks that the employers have to take when outsourcing services to different countries. It’s always best to keep something for yourself and take all the responsibilities of having your site backup.