PSD to Html to wordpress

Hello dear intelligents, I am looking for an opensource tool to convert psd to html (to wordpress). Is there any automated tool to do this.

Or how can I do this.

There is no effective way to go from PSD to HTML at all, let alone an automated tool.

A PSD file is a static picture, an HTML file is an interactive marked up document. You can’t get there from here.

If it were that easy then the vast majority of us would be out of a job!

Sadly, it’s not a process that can be easily automated with any success, although despite limited WordPress knowledge and experience I’ve always been capable of porting a PSD to code and eventually to a WordPress blog. The best thing I can recommend to you is to read up on WordPress on their Codex page.

Thanks for ur replies. So there is no way to convert. right?? ok. Thanks you all for helping others…

You can convert it but it is a manual process.

Step one is to extract all of the images out of the PSD that you are going to use on the actual site.

Step two is to write HTML that defines the content of the page.

Step three is to write CSS to link them together in a way that looks like the PSD.

Thanks for your answers. Please post a good tutorial link for begginer if you can. Thanks

In my last post I linked you directly to the WordPress Codex. There may be some other tutorials available if you have a look on Google, but as is usually the case with tutorials they’re very helpful at showing you how to do one thing, but are terrible at helping when things aren’t simple or when things go wrong. I highly recommend you start off at the Codex and then perhaps try a tutorial when you understand what’s going on.

It seems also like you are not very familiar w/wp? EnderMB is correct that you should bone up & do a few tutorials first and perhaps just take a day to play w/wp and get a better understading of how it works.
As it seems to me you want to make a specific custom template for your site. Very doable but a bit challenging for someone w/little experience.
The codex is usually helpfull…after you have had some experience.
Look up some vid tutorials, they’ll save you heaps of time in the long run.
D

1 Like

This thread is over three years old. I don’t think there’s anything to be gained from continuing the discussion.

Thread closed.